Reload hotkey please!

2007-04-20
2013-01-28
  • Hello,
       I have just started using notepad++, excellent program!  One tiny feature request: Please assign a hotkey to the Reload file operation (or is there someway that I can assign it in the GUI?).  I use NotePad++ to watch log files, and need to frequently re-load them.  Windows programs usually uses the F5 function key for reloading, so this would be a good choice...

Thanks!

• There is a plugin available. Download "Doc Updater" from Notepad++ download section.

Best Regards
      Jens

• Don HO
      Don HO
      2007-04-20

take a look at "Doc updater" plugin here :
      http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/download.php

Don

• Piero Ottuzzi
    Piero Ottuzzi
    2013-01-28

Why use a plugin for such a basic functionality? Notepad++ does so many incredible things and does not have a CTRL-R or similar hotkey implemented.
    Is there a specific reason?

Many thanks for your work!
    Bye
    Piero

• pedro_sland
    pedro_sland
    2013-01-28

I can't speak for Doc updater as I've not tried it but I do know that there is Settings->Shortcut Mapper. #3 in that list (for me anyway) is Reload from Disk and I think that would do what you want.

• cchris
    cchris
    2013-01-28

Problem is, the Shorcut mapper won't tell you that TextFX Quick Find/Replace uses Ctrl-R by default. Whoever wins when the same key is bound to 2 items isn't specified, and may change from one version to the next.
    So be sure to change the binding for that TextFX function before assigning /Reload from disk/ to it.

CChris