Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

SourceSwitch 0.5 Released

Dave A
2010-09-11
2012-11-14
  • Dave A
    Dave A
    2010-09-11

SourceSwitch 0.5 - 11th September 2010

Project page - https://sourceforge.net/projects/sourceswitch/

Please post on my project page if you find any issues, or if you have any feature requests

MD5

Unicode - 8E0E6DFC344C021F168B49F19027A36C

Ansi - 966FC7FD3566D9E22825E79AECD6EA0D

Changes from 0.4

- Added support for opening header files directly, rather than performing a switch.
       For example:

#include "header.h"
            #include "inc_header.h"
    include ("../file1.php");

etc

Simply place the cursor on the desired line and hit the shortcut key (default F10). The code then attempts to work out what header you're looking for, and opens it. You can also select the header name directly within Notepad++ and hit the shortcut key to open the header. Doing this bypasses the header parsing code.

I plan to add support for custom directories in a future release, so you could for example, include all your project files, but also some other directory stored on another part of your drive.

Let me know if you want any bugs, or indeed if you have any other feature requests!

Cheers,
    ViZioN

• vo1stv
    vo1stv
    2010-09-16

Have you given any consideration to providing the same capability for an intermeshed file.  By intermeshed, I mean lets say there;s a regular expression that can separate a file into two parts: source and header (or, alternatively, source and documentation).  Can you possibly provide a view of the file that makes one or the other dominant?

• Dave A
    Dave A
    2010-09-27

Hey vo1stv,

Can you give an example of what you mean? I've never heard of intermeshed files before and googling isn't really turning up much information.

Cheers,
    ViZioN

• Zaytsev Artem
    Zaytsev Artem
    2012-08-23

Hope the theme is not neglected (long time passed since the last message).
    It's awesome plugin. Although it seems to be very simple, it's very usefull for me. Thanxalot!
    However there is one request from me.
    It would be great if you could add library directory paths into ini, so the links not found in current directory could be opened in such directories. And yeah, the searching in every directory should be recursive (or optional).

• Dave A
    Dave A
    2012-08-23

Hi zaytsev1981. The plugin hasn't been neglected, I just didn't know what else to add to it. It suited my needs :-)

I don't think that adding library directory paths to the ini file should be that hard to do. I think maybe adding a menu option that allows you to add directories without directly editing the ini file might be useful too.

I won't have much time this weekend but I'll try and have a look at it soon!

Thanks for the new feature suggestion. It's nice to know that the plugin is useful for you!

Cheers,
    ViZioN

• Dave A
    Dave A
    2012-09-08

Zaytsev,

I've made some changes and I'm currently testing them. Should hopefully be able to roll out the new version in a few days.

I'd like to add a proper GUI for the configuration settings, but I'll won't add it in the upcoming version.

• Zaytsev Artem
    Zaytsev Artem
    2012-09-09

Hurrah! Thank you very much!
    In my honest opinion GUI is not very important. As we all have Notepad++, we can always make a proper configuration by editing the ini file))

• Dave A
    Dave A
    2012-09-09

I don't think its hugely important, but I think it's a nice thing to have :-)

• Zaytsev Artem
    Zaytsev Artem
    2012-09-09

And by the way, I noticed a small bug.
    I have a special zoom = 125% in my Windows 7 screen settings. When I call "About" menu option of your plugin, I see a the text is cutted. I see the strings "Source Switch", "Version 0.5", "(C) David Allan, 2010". But I don't see the rest string(s). I'm not worried about it at all, but I thought, that you should be informed.

• Dave A
    Dave A
    2012-09-09

Thanks for letting me know, I'll take a look.