Perforce plgin released

2009-10-05
2012-11-14
  • loonychewy
    loonychewy
    2009-10-11

Thank you! This works very well for me :-)

• Sven Erik Knop
    Sven Erik Knop
    2009-11-02

Hi Henrik,

well done for creating and releasing this plugin. You beat me by 3 weeks :-)

**I have a few comments:**

I have created a very similar plugin that uses the P4API instead of executing P4, which has the advantage that you do not depend on P4.exe being the PATH. Would you mind me publishing this plugin on this forum as well?

My version has a couple of additional extras:

1. It sets the current working directory to where the current file is in. This makes sure that P4CONFIG is picked up - useful if you have more than one workspace.
    2. I have hacked the refresh operation of Notepad++, so the file status changes smoothly and securely.
    3. Additional functionalities

I can send you the source if you are interested.

Cheers

Sven Erik

• jayhilwig
    jayhilwig
    2009-11-02

Can anyone help me with setting the Path on WinXP? I have tried a few additions to my Env Variables>Sys Variables _Path_, but not functioning as described in Notepad++ or Perforce.
    Thanks!

• Alain Robin
    Alain Robin
    2010-01-29

Doesn't work for me : Nothing happens when I try to edit a "not checked out" file. If I try to check it out from the menu, nothing happens and the file isn't added to my change list.
    P4.exe is in my path.

seknop : Can I test your plugin?

• Alain Robin
    Alain Robin
    2010-02-02

Your version is working perfectly. Thank you very much sknop.

• Sven Erik Knop
    Sven Erik Knop
    2010-02-02

You are very welcome. Enjoy the plug-in.

Sven Erik

• Anonymous
    2012-10-10

Hi Sven,

I tried both the plugins mentioned in this thread, but none of them worked for me. The thing is in my case the host-name for perforce is not "perforce:1666", it is something else. So whenever I try to select any action in your plugin it gives me an error window saying:

Connection failed.
    Connect to server failed; check $P4PORT.
    TCP connect to perforce failed.
    perforce: host unknown.

A configuration screen for this plugin would be really nice where we can set up all those things. Any plans on doing that?

Thanks in advance
    Manu Goel

• Manu Goel
    Manu Goel
    2012-10-10

That was me in the previous comment. Logged in with gmail so it was not showing my name up there.

• Anonymous
    2012-10-11

Hi Manu,

The Notepad++ plugin was designed to work seamlessly with a standard Perforce environment.
    You will need to set up your environment to work with Perforce before you can use the plugin. The easiest way to do so is to run 'p4 set' from the command line:

p4 set P4PORT=yourserver:port # for example, server:1666
    p4 set P4USER=youruser # for example, manu
    p4 set P4CLIENT=yourworkspace # for example, manu_work

Alternatively, you can use P4CONFIG if you have more than one workspace. The details are described in the Perforce documentation here:

http://www.perforce.com/perforce/doc.current/manuals/intro/01_intro.html#1079906
    http://www.perforce.com/perforce/doc.current/manuals/p4guide/02_config.html#1069873

Let me know if you need any more details or if you have any additional questions.

Cheers

Sven Erik