working on new plugin (line filter)

2007-08-31
2013-03-11
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Merijn Bosma
    Merijn Bosma
    2007-08-31

Hi all,

I'm working on a plugin which allows you to filter a text file to certain conditions.

Something like requests from these threads:
    http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=3999048
    http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4067136
    http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4374993

suggestions are welcome, if you're interested in testing what's here so far reply here.

• John Starkie
      John Starkie
      2007-09-19

I've been working on plugins for this sort of thing and have posted one to Alexandre.  If anyone else wants one, I can send it to them, but what do we do as a general rule?  I would rather make the plugin part of some bigger collection really.

The plugin can do the following

1.  Hide unmarked lines
      2.  Unhide all lines
      3.  Delete marked lines
      4.  Delete unmarked lines

I can make Delphi sources available, and if I really must, can translate into C++ (I have Dev-C here)

I also have a plugin demo that can create a new file and copy the results, that's easy enough to do.  I don't understand the post about history/favourites, and / or / not and regular expressions because I thought they were all there anyway (although I haven't tried to use them)

• steakhacher
        steakhacher
        2008-01-12

Hi

Your plugin seems to be very interesting. Can you send the dll and if you want the sources to me or put a link to download it over the internet

Thanks a lot

• Don HO
        Don HO
        2007-09-19

Is your plugin an open source project?
        If so, why don't you make it available on Npp-plugins :
        https://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-plugins/

Don

• Hi ...
      this is really a GOOD idea ... because that's what I miss most.
      Nice features would be:
      - History / Favourites of filter strings
      - AND / OR / NOT operators for combinations
      - perhaps support of regular expressions

• and if you would like me to test your plugin, you can send it to:
        alexandre.mayor@gmail.com

• Hello!

Could you please send me a copy of that plugin? My address is duvi@drotposta.hu
      I reeeally need something like that to chop the unneeded 99% of huge xml files..

Thanks in advance!
      Regards,
      David Varga

• Merijn Bosma
        Merijn Bosma
        2007-10-12

due to lack of time the plugin is still quite premature (hence the name :)), but for the time being it can be downloaded here:
        http://www.xs4all.nl/~bosma/linefilter.zip

I will put some more time in it asap, but at this time can't tell how soon that will be :|

Suggestions and questions are welcome, off course.

• steakhacher
          steakhacher
          2007-10-29

Hi

I just try your plug-in. It is quite premature but could be already helpfull so thank you. Nevertheless somethings seems strange. Your plug-in add lot of "ding" when you use notepad++: when focus is lost or redo on notepad++ and in lot of other occasion, but it seems to be related to lost of focus.

Thanks

• Merijn Bosma
            Merijn Bosma
            2007-11-01

"ding"? What's that?

btw, I can't reproduce your focus issues.

• steakhacher
              steakhacher
              2007-11-01

Hi

Indeed you are right, if you you just add your plugin in standard installation of notepad++ there is no problem, but if there is the explorer plugin version 1.5.2 there these "ding". By ding I would like to say that you ear in your HP a windows sound which a sort of ding in window XP and a more beautiful song in Vista, (it is named Son par défaut in french window vista)

Please try to reproduce this problem in your computer, then it might be interesting to contact jens about this problem.

Thanks

• steakhacher
      steakhacher
      2007-10-11

Hi what status of your plugin I will be so happy if you published a version of it

Thanks a lot

• Dirk_S.
    Dirk_S.
    2010-11-02

Years later…

That's exactly what I need… didn't download it yet: is it considered to be finished?

• Orlith
    Orlith
    2010-11-04

Hi

Exactly what I'm looking for.

Unfortunatly it seems to not working with the unicode version of np++.

• cchris
    cchris
    2011-02-07

The plugin is ANSI only indeed.
    I hadn't included it on the Plugin  Central page because of its stated status of premature. Do you think it's a good idea to include it?

CChris

• Merijn Bosma
    Merijn Bosma
    2011-02-09

Hi guys,

Sorry for not replying here before. I didn't get any notifications that replies were made here. I'm surprised to see that people are actually interested in the plugin. I've made an unicode version for own use which I can give. On status, there is a lot not implemented yet, but the current functionality seems to be stable. If there are special wishes, I can try to put some extra time in to add that. I have notifications on now, so I will be able to respond here again. Let me know :)

• Any chance you could put it somewhere so people can download it?  If you've not got anywhere for it, then send it to me and I'll put it somewhere - davegb at pobox dort com.

• Merijn Bosma
    Merijn Bosma
    2011-02-09

I will put it online asap. I'm also looking for a user named activatedand. He mailed me and that got my attention to this thread in the first place. I tried replying, but the emails I send are bounced.

• Merijn Bosma
    Merijn Bosma
    2011-02-09

And yes, sources are available if needed, it's very small :)

• Hi!
    Your plugin is exactly what I was looking for for a long time!
    It would be great if you'll continue your great work - and add the regex support.
    Can you please open source it?
    Best regards,
    Shlomi

• Thaloman
    Thaloman
    2011-12-19

Hi,

Nice plugin. I was looking for something like this for the 2 past days.
    Just one comment: when I first used it, I was odd that after clicking on OK on the advanced page, nothing happened. To filter the text, you have to click on "-" in the line filter menu.

Best regards,

Thaloman

• Maloney
    Maloney
    2012-06-18

Money, exactly what i needed.  Can you send me the source or publish the source so everyone can get to it.

• Amarghosh
    Amarghosh
    2012-10-05

A similar plugin can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/searchplus/

You can filter multiple keywords from the current file using this plugin.

• Maloney
    Maloney
    2012-10-05

thank you also just what i wanted, i'll start using this.  Looks like your the developer, thanks for your work.

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)