Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Customize Toolbar plugin disables tab select in other view

kiwichick
2014-01-13
2014-02-20
  • kiwichick
    kiwichick
    2014-01-13

Hi there, Am I the only one having this problem? When both views are open in Notepad++ clicking the tab in one view or the other selects that tab and the cursor moves into the document. But after installing Customize Toolbar this no longer happens and it requires a click in the actual document of the other view before it's selected and the cursor moves. (Clicking tabs within the same view still works.) I hope that makes sense :-) Cheers for any help. And apologies if this has already been posted somewhere else.

• THEVENOT Guy
    THEVENOT Guy
    2014-01-18

Hello kiwichick,

I'm using the last v6.5.3 version of N++ and the 3.3 version of the Customize Toolbar plugin

Let suppose you have :

• 3 files opened A, B and C in the main view

• 3 files opened D, E and F in the secondary view

and :

• the file E is selected, with the pink highlighting, in the secondary view

• the file B is currently selected, with the orange highlighting, in the main view

Then, from the current selected file B :

• Any left mouse click on the tab A, C, D or F do select the corresponding file.

• BUT a click on the selected file E of the secondary view doesn't work . You must click on the text of file E to get it in the foreground !

Then, from that new selected file E :

• Any left mouse click on the tab A, C, D or F do select the corresponding file.

• BUT a click on the selected file B of the main view doesn't work . You must click on the text of file B to get it in the foreground !

So, the general rule, when Customize ToolBar plugin is installed, seems to be :

• For switching between the two selected files B and E of the two views, just click on their file's contains.

• For jumping to ANY OTHER opened tab, not selected, of the two views, just click on the corresponding tab

Of course, if the Customize Toolbar plugin is absent of your configuration, you may, in addition, click on tabs of the selected files B and E, of the N++ views

Cheers,

guy038

Last edit: THEVENOT Guy 2014-01-18
  • dave-user
    dave-user
    2014-02-04

I have just released Customize Toolbar 3.5 which fixes this problem.

Regards,

Dave

• kiwichick
    kiwichick
    2014-02-11

Hi Dave, Sorry for the late reply. I've installed v3.5 on my current NP++ and a clean install of NP++ but it hasn't made any difference.

• dave-user
    dave-user
    2014-02-15

Hi kiwichick,

Version 3.5 was meant to fix the 'other view tab select' bug, but unfortunately did not.

Version 3.6 definitely fixes this bug.

Regards,

Dave

• kiwichick
    kiwichick
    2014-02-20

Hi Dave, Success!!!! Thanks heaps for the time and effort you put in to fix this :-)