folding comment lines & operators

2006-05-01
2012-11-14
  • I set OCaml comment lines:

opening operator: (*
    closing operator: *)
    color: green

but cannot set folding comment lines. When I write this symbols as operators for folding, then comment lines do not set to green, but to their usual colors and formats.

Another problem - it would be very useful if I could set operators like *. +. -. /. etc., 'cause in OCaml they are operators. But I didn't see such an option.

OCaml isn't easy to set, cause it doesn't have opening and closing words for many lines that could be folded. I think some plugin would be useful for many users.

Thanks for help.

• If you would like to have OCaml I think you should write a new Lexer for Scintilla. So every program that uses scantilla supports it.

• Most of my problems would be solved if there was a possibility to set the priorities of group of words - for example, I would like to have the word "end" as a word ending a folding section, but if I write "end)", the word "end" is not recognized by Notepad++. It would be if I set ")" as an operator, but I cannot, because "*)" is a word ending comment section.

The same is with ";;", which ends folding section, but if I write i.e. "wynik;;", this again is not recognized - it would be if I wrote "wynik ;;", etc.

I think this feature could be included, just setting priorities of group of words.