Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

GOnpp

tike
2014-01-20
2014-02-18
  • tike
    tike
    2014-01-20

Hello Everyone,

I have developed a plugin to ease development
    of programms in the GO programming language.

It basically allows you to run various go commands (building, testing, source code formatting)
    from a shortcut key, displaying the output in a Dockable dialog.

Version 1.0 runs stable on my system and I would like it to be included in the PluginManager.
    The sourcecode (GPL) is available on github.

Thanks for the execellent how to, demos and template.
    They made coding this plugin work like a charm.

Best regards

tike

Last edit: tike 2014-01-20
  • tike
    tike
    2014-01-22

Hello Dave,

thanks for your feedback. I'll go through the tips in the blogpost, revise my plugin and then perfom the registration and other necessary steps.

Offtopic:
    How are the chances of including go as an "officially supported language" in notepad++?
    All the necessary files would be there and just would need to be included.

• tike
    tike
    2014-01-24

ok, files uploaded, plugin.xml created.

Thanks again!

• tike
    tike
    2014-01-29

Hi Dave,

my Plugin is not showing up on the PluginManager (from inside notepad++), even though it's listed on the PluginManager's website.

Have I missed some step neccessary to publish it or is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.
    It is much appriciated!

tike

• dail8859
    dail8859
    2014-01-29

After registering a plugin through the Plugin Manager website, the changes will not show up in N++ right away. The plugin manager admin (i.e. Dave) has to release those changes, which happens every few months. It looks like the last update was on Jan 22, so it may take a while before your plugin shows up :(

• It really shouldn't be every few months, really it should be every couple of weeks. It has sadly often been the case that it has been every few months. A schedule was suggested to make it easier to track when it will be done, and when people can expect their changes to go in. I'll put one together.

Dave.

• Note, you can (and should!) test your plugin installation with the test version of the plugin manager, then you can see your plugin in the list, install it, and check everything gets installed in the right place. I only do an installation check that the plugin is installed, the DLLs are verified, and the plugin shows up afterwards with the correct version, I don't have the time or skills to check that all features of each plugin work as expected, therefore it's always better that you check that your installation steps are correct.

Cheers,
    Dave.

• tike
    tike
    2014-02-01

Thank you for the information,
    I'll perform the tests and update my installation steps as necessary.

Where will I be able to find the shedule, once it's set up?

• tike
    tike
    2014-02-18

Hi Dave,

just wanted to inform you, that I've performed the tests and as far as I can see it, everything works as expected, so does reinstalling and uninstalling.

greets,
    tike