Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

regular expression docs

2. Help
reboot_imt
2005-06-28
2012-11-13
  • reboot_imt
    reboot_imt
    2005-06-28

just wondering if there yet exists a list / readme of some type which shows which regular expression syntax is supported ?

• Paulius
      Paulius
      2005-07-26

according to what i have found in the npp sources, npp uses scintilla regular expressions with POSIX flag set.
      As i found in scintilla docs ( http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/ScintillaDoc.html#Searching ).
      In scintilla docs it says that "\(" and "\)" must be used to tag some part of regexp, but because of POSIX flag - it's vice versa - "(" and ")" for taging, "\(" and "\)" for literal brackets. And so on.
      Scintilla (and npp) has a very small subset of features found in perl or posix regular expressions. It won't be as useful as grep and such.

But, maybe you want to implement some more powerful regular expression find/replace by writing plugins... It is possible you know... ;)

• That's what I ask myself too.

regards
      Shufflebug

• Furia
      Furia
      2005-07-26

Just a simple comment on what regular expression standard n++ supports would already help us...
      For example: perl's, VB's, java's, javascript's, PHP's, C#, Python's, unix egrep or grep, PCRE C library.

See:
      www.regular-expressions.info for interesting info.