user's guide

2. Help
2005-04-17
2012-11-13
  • Somebody has given to me Notepad++ on friday evening and is now on vacations, so he can't help me. However, I haven't found some user's guide and I'm looking for simple things that I haven't found how to do : how to have a list of the functions and to see where they are called, and to see the cross references of the variables. I'm sure it is possible but I don't know how to do. If somebody can help me (at least for the user's guide, and if possible in french, it would be great). Thank you by advance.

• Don HO
      Don HO
      2005-04-17

the list of the functions and the cross references of the variables are not available in Notepad++.

to have user guide in french, just go to :
      http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/fr/site.htm

then choose the item you want in the menu FAQ (on the left side).

Don

• Thank you for the quick answer. I'm surprised that the mentionned functionnalities don't exist. I think it's very useful. How can we do without them ?
      Secondly, for my question about the user guide, the FAQ doesn't really answer to my need : I was thinking to a help file, where it's explained how the software is functionning.
      Finally, I suppose you are the author of the software. Is it right ? It's more for my curiosity, and I would e surprised that the author himself would answer me.
      Bye.

• Don HO
        Don HO
        2005-04-18

> I'm surprised that the mentionned functionnalities don't
        > exist. I think it's very useful. How can we do without them ?
        They may be implemented (by me or by the other people) once the plugins system is ready.

> the FAQ doesn't really answer to my need :
        > I was thinking to a help file, where it's explained how the software is functionning.

I'm too busy to do that. If someone want to contribute it, he is very welcome.

> I suppose you are the author of the software. Is it right ?
        > It's more for my curiosity, and I would e surprised that
        > the author himself would answer me.

Yes, that's right.
        Why not?

Don