How to completely disable tabbing?

2. Help
Richard
2014-03-21
2014-03-25
  • Richard
    Richard
    2014-03-21

Is there any way to disable tabbing (the tab bar).
    I currently have Notepad++ set to always use multi-instance mode and I've ticked the box to hide the tab bar, but the tabs are still there .. they're just hidden, and because they're still there I keep receiving prompts about loading saved changes (because, even thought there appears to be only one instance of the document open, there's actually a second instance open in a hidden tab).

Note: Making the tab bar visible again to close the tabs doesn't help, the hidden tabs come back over time after I hide the bar again.

• cchris
    cchris
    2014-03-22

Just one question: do you need the notification about change in document, or not?
    If you don't, then turn it off in Settings -> Preferences -> MISC. If you do, then some precisions about your use case could be in order so as to understand how to achieve what you wish.

CChris

• Richard
      Richard
      2014-03-25

Thanks for the tip. I do find the document-change notification useful though.
      I posted this topic with a primary interest in improving Notepad++ in general and a secondary interest in improving my personal experience with Notepad++.
      As far as achieving what I wish goes:
      I'm hoping there's an option for disabling the tab bar (rather than just hiding it).
      If there is no such option, I'm hoping one will be added.