Create new file type visisble in file dialogs

Thomas
2014-07-03
2014-07-07
  • Thomas
    Thomas
    2014-07-03

Moin, moin,

This message refers to a question posted in German.

After adding a new language in %AppData%\Notepad++\langs.xml the open file dialog like in the attached screen shot.

There are some question regarding this change:

1. How to get the text "NLVM file" instead of "Normal text file" displayed in the open file dialog?
    2. Even I am using the German translation the file descriptions are not translated. Can the translation cover the file type descriptions?

Additional to the original German post I want to know if it is possible to add the file types defined by UDL to appear in the file dialogs.

Regards,
    Thomas

Last edit: Thomas 2014-07-03
  • Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2014-07-03

Hi Thomas,

Additional to the original German post I want to know if it is possible to add the file types defined by UDL to appear in the file dialogs.

This is not possible.

Regards,
    Loreia

• Thomas
    Thomas
    2014-07-04

Hi Loreia,

Thanks for answering my last question.

Is there anybody who can answer the first two questions:

1. How to get the text "NLVM file" instead of "Normal text file" displayed in the open file dialog?
    2. Even I am using the German translation the file descriptions are not translated. Can the translation cover the file type descriptions?

Regards
    Thomas

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2014-07-07

Hi Thomas,

this is not a definitive answer, but it look to me like you can't do any of your desired actions. "Normal text file" is a hardcoded constant that does not go through localization, so I'd say it can't be changed.

That is all I can say after a quick look at the source code.

Regards,
    Loreia