Seeking newbie help with Notepad++

Megh
2010-12-25
2013-06-03
  • Megh
    Megh
    2010-12-25

Dear all, I am a new user of Notepad++ and seeks following helps:
    1. each time I open Notepad++, a page named "change.log" appears. How can I stop it apprearing?
    2. I use Notepad++ as editor of R (www.r-project.org). The codes of this are saved in hard-disk as ".r" format. Although Notepad++ support R but still, whenever I double click any file with that extension, it does not open with Notepad++. I have tried with the "open with" dialogue box in windows. However still automatic opening with Notepad++ is not happening :(

Can somebody please guide me how to do those things?

Thanks,

• cchris
    cchris
    2011-01-12

1/ Uncheck Settings -> Preferences -> MISC, Remember current session for next launch.
    2/ Go to Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder options, File types, and add/edit the ehtry for the .r type.

CChris

• Wayne
    Wayne
    2013-06-02

Good Day to You All,

I'm really a complete novice, but since I have lost the developer of my web site, and I have the time, I want to up-date my web pages. My site, in WordPress is really not used as a blog.

lightweightconcreteco.com

I understand I need a text editor. Can you advise me as to whether and why I should use Open Office, or alternatively, your program.

There is going to be a learning curve, I know, no matter what I do. It's just that as I have to 'learn', what would in the long run be more efficient.

Ciao,

Wayne@lightweightconcreteco.com

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2013-06-03

Hi Wayne,

if you want to "code" (directly edit .html, .css, .php files), than Notepad++ is definitely a good choice. But WordpPress doesn't require direct manipulation of low level stuff, so you should first get familiar with WordPress (perhaps through some online tutorial).

My bet is that everything you need is already included with WordPress.

BR
    Loreia