Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Installation of indentbyfold failed

2. Help
Joe D
2013-11-01
2013-11-01
  • Joe D
    Joe D
    2013-11-01

I have been attempting to install the Indentbyfold plug in. My computer is running Win 7 Home Premium.
    I have followed the instructions to run Notepad++ as Administrator, and then updated the Plugin Manager. I also re-started.

When I attempt to install the Indentbyfold plug-in, I get this error, "installation of indentbyfold failed". Later, I tried another plug-in, NppAutoIndent, and it installed fine. When I look at the setting button of the Plug-in Manager, I see there are other things such as "Proxy settings" but I would not know what to do with those.

Any suggestions about what is going wrong? Are there any alternatives to the Indentbyfold plug-in that will format existing code?

Thank you very much for the help.

-Joe

• dail8859
    dail8859
    2013-11-01

If you are able to install NppAutoIndent then it doesn't look like you need to change any settings. I also get the same error when trying to install IndentByFold, but not for sure why.

You can try installing the plugin manually. Download the zip here and extract it. Copy the DLL to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\plugins" or wherever you have N++ installed to.

• Frank Fesevur
    Frank Fesevur
    2013-11-01

I will take a look why it does not install with the Plugin Manager, hopefully this weekend (although it is going to be a busy weekend).

But as dail8859 wrote, you can always install manually.