find/replace a carriage return

  • How can i find/replace a carriage return in a document i am editing? Some apps give you a special character such as ^H of ^P. Thanks in advance!

    • Try the Ctrl+R Search & Replace dialog by the TextFX plugin where you can put in Ctrl+M for return and Ctrl+I for tab. You shouldn't have RegEx checked because RegEx is not multi-line compatible.

    • Hello,

      I can give you a partial response: how to find a carriage return:
      - tick "Regular Expression"
      - put "end$" in the search pattern to match all lines ending with "end"

      But I cannot tell hot to put a carriage ruturn in the replacement string. If you find out, please infor :-)