Brackets

Wesan
2013-09-15
2013-09-23
  • Wesan
    Wesan
    2013-09-15

Hello, i am trying to configure my np++, i would like to know if there is a possibility to set brackets in different color when they are closed, and in different when they are open. I know that when you choose them they are in different color, but i would like to have the same effect always on, not only when clicked on. Is there is possibiliy for that?

Also because i started this topic i will ask additionally for second thing. How i would add extensions to be marked as language? Lets say i want to start file.smthng start in c++ language?

Edit: Figured out second one, in style configuration there is Default ext. and User ext. you need only to write you'r ext. in second one. Still awaiting for those bracket help...

Last edit: Wesan 2013-09-16
  • Wesan
    Wesan
    2013-09-22

No one knows answer?

• cchris
    cchris
    2013-09-22

In buit-in languages, open and close brackets are usually styled the same, and you cannot change this, unless you modify the Scintilla lexer souces and recompile.

For user defined languages, you can define styling for openers and closers. The drawback is that brace matching no longer works, before the brackets don't have the same style.

CChris

• Wesan
    Wesan
    2013-09-23

Thank you for the answer.