User Defined Language Text Folding 6.5.1

Keith
2013-11-23
2013-11-25
  • Keith
    Keith
    2013-11-23

    I know with older versions you were able to fold text in a user defined language. With the new version I can't get the folding to work. The language that I'm using is defined by my professor and so we just import the file into notepad++, but once you do that I can't seem to find a way to change the folding options. Also because I've tried doing this a few times already I've got multiple instances of the language under my language drop menu, so if someone could tell me how to remove the excess, I'd appreciate that too. Thanks.

     
  • Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2013-11-23

    Hi Keith,

    just select instance that you wish to remove, and press "Remove" button. As easy as a pie :-)

    Now, in order to help with folding problem, I need to see original userDefined.xml file defined by your professor. Please share it here.

    BR,
    Loreia

     
  • Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2013-11-23

    BTW, which version of Notepad++ are you using?

    BR,
    Loreia

     
  • Keith
    Keith
    2013-11-23

    Loreia I was able to remove the extra instances, but still unable to get the folding to work. I'm using version 6.5.1, and I've attached the .xml file as requested

     
    Last edit: Keith 2013-11-23
    Attachments
  • Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2013-11-24

    Hi Keith,

    you need to first select language from drop-down menu. Only then will "Remove" button appear.

    You professor is using special line comments as folding points: #begin #end.
    In order to support the same functionality in UDL2.0, you need to define line comments as they are now (starting with #), remove current entries in Folding in code 1 type (#begin #end), and add Folding in code keywords as:
    start: begin
    close: end

    BR,
    Loreia

    P.S.
    Perhaps you could suggest to your professor to upgrade his UDL definition to latest version (currently 2.1).

     
  • Keith
    Keith
    2013-11-25

    Thanks Loreia, that works perfectly and I've told my professor, so he's implementing the changes as I type this.