Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Folding without a closer

2. Help
Anonymous
2012-11-12
2012-11-19

• Anonymous
    2012-11-12

I love 6.2 and the added keywords and folding options. I have what I need now as far as syntax highlighting. The only thing I can't get quite right is the folding. I have chunks of data that start with a keyword and a possible closer or really just the next keyword.  The chunk of data I want to fold are for each respective city. Open keyword is CITY and the Close keyword is !****** or if that is missing then it's just right before the next keyword CITY. I've tried various approaches but they fold from the city down instead of just that one city.

For example:
    CITY  "XYZ"    "CITY1"
    <data>
    <data>
    <data>
    <data>
    !*******************************************************
    CITY  "AAA"    "CITY2"
    <data>
    <data>
    <data>
    <data>

CITY  "VVV"    "CITY3"
    <data>
    <data>
    <data>
    <data>
    !*******************************************************
    CITY  "WZX"    "CITY4"
    <data>
    <data>
    <data>
    <data>

Any help appreciated. I will continue testing.

AGP

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-11-13

Hi AGP,

no, you can't  do that in UDL.
    There must be some string that closes Folding block.

BR
    Loreia

• dude
    dude
    2012-11-14

It does have a closing string. As I noted most of the time its !****. I still cant get it to work.

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-11-15

As I noted most of the time its !****

Yes, most of the time. But as soon as you miss one of those, folding will be broken. Your folding sequence is:
    CITY .... !****
    CITY .... CITY

Second sequence doesn't work, because "CITY" is not going to close current folding sequence but open new one.

BR
    Loreia

• AGP
    AGP
    2012-11-15

ok I just setup a test file with one opener and one closer for each and every city. it still doesn't work. maybe I am misunderstanding how this is supposed to function. I was assuming setting up a fold would make each city collapsible. I don't have a "!" in my Comment & Number and no where else is the "!" listed. Further if I change my closer to @**** and setup the fold to open with CITY and close with @**** then it works, but change to !**** and it doesn't work. I just don't see why it works with one but not the other.

AGP

Last edit: AGP 2012-11-15
  • Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-11-19

Hi,

can you send me that file on udlv20 at googlemail dot com

BR
    Loreia

• AGP
    AGP
    2012-11-19

ok I sent you a sample which I think illustrates my particular format. Thanks for looking at it.