Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

UDL doesnt work with Autocompletion?

2. Help
Ben Smith
2014-07-02
2014-07-04
  • Ben Smith
    Ben Smith
    2014-07-02

I have a UDL for a custom scripting language for a game I work on.
    I have set this up as a UDL and have been using it as such for a while now, however what I really miss over a true IDE is autocompletion.
    I know that a bare form of autocompletion exists in NP++ but can this be extended to a UDL(I have been unable to get it to work)?

If this isnt a feature should I write up a feature request ticket or is my request not feasible?

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2014-07-03

Hi Ben,

this will work automatically in UDL3.0.
    Can you describe what goes wrong when you try to extend autocompletion in current version?

Regards,
    Loreia

• Ben Smith
      Ben Smith
      2014-07-03

I seem to have UDL 2.0 so that will probably solve my issues...
      Does it not come directly with the most recent version of NP++?(I updated it this week so....)

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2014-07-03

Hi Ben,

UDL 3.0 is under development. It is not going to be ready any time soon.
    This feature is already implemented and it is working, but UDL 3.0 as a whole is not stable enough for release.

Regards,
    Loreia

• Ben Smith
      Ben Smith
      2014-07-03

Ah that makes sense!
      Thanks for your time and I hope to see UDL 3.0 soon!
      Is there a list of planned/completed features for 3.0 posted somewhere?
      Or should I just sit back and be patient :P

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2014-07-03

Hi Ben,

Or should I just sit back and be patient :P

That's what is comes down to :-)

Is there a list of planned/completed features for 3.0 posted somewhere?

Not really, development is completely happening offline. Once UDL 3.0 becomes mature enough, I will create a github repo, with code, documentation, and issue tracking will go public. Until then it is just too much work to maintain roadmap and accept new feature requests. Working offline is simply less stressful. I know I am being a bit egoistical here, but it makes my life easier.

Regards,
    Loreia

Last edit: Loreia2 2014-07-03
    • Ben Smith
      Ben Smith
      2014-07-04

Trust me I definately understand how much working offline can make things easier mentally :P

Good luck on UDL 3.0 and I hope to see it soon(but not so soon that I am coming back to complain about horrible bugs......;))