No keyboard shortcuts for Open Containing Folder ... ?

2. Help
D K
2014-01-15
2014-01-25
  • D K
    D K
    2014-01-15

In a previous version of Notepad++ (6.1.5), one could assign keyboard shortcuts to the "Open Containing Folder - Explorer" and "Open Containing Folder - cmd" capabilities via the "Run commands" of the Shortcut Mapper.

These items are available in the File pull-down menu but I can't find any way to associate keyboard shortcuts with them (they've disappeared from the Shortcut Mapper completely) ... can someone please tell me how to do it now in Notepad++ 6.5.3 ?

Thanks.

• cchris
    cchris
    2014-01-18

You can always duplicate the old user command

<Command name="Open containing folder" Ctrl="no" Alt="no" Shift="no" Key="0">explorer $(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)</Command>

replace "explorer" with "cmd" and you get the "Open in command prompt"

CChris

• D K
    D K
    2014-01-20

Thanks for the response but you never answered my question at all ...

How do I associate keyboard shortcuts with existing items currently located under the File pull-down menu ? I used to do it through the Shortcut Mapper but that is no longer possible.

• cchris
    cchris
    2014-01-25

Huh?
    1/ If you followed he steps I suggested, you now have 1 or 2 more Run commands. The shortcut mapper will list them and help you bind a shortcut to the command.

2/ Now we are talking about "existing items currently located under the File pull-down menu". These can be opened using rhe Alt-n sequence, for the first 10 of them.

If you'd like to open a ecent file's containing folder without opening it, then indeed this is not supported.

CChris