How to change default font of Notepad++?

2005-04-18
2012-11-13
  • The default font of Notepad++ is MS LineDraw.
    The MS LineDraw is not good for Traditional Chinese words because it can't show some Traditional Chinese words.
    I use Win XP SP2 and install a font called AR PL New Sung.
    The AR PL New Sung font can be downloaded from http://www.study-area.org/apt/firefly-font/
    I use Notepad++ to edit my txt files.
    I want to change the default font of Notepad++ to AR PL New Sung.
    How to change the default font of Notepad++?
    P.S. When I change format (ANSI, UTF-8, ...) of Notepad++ txt files, the Traditional Chinese txt files will be sometimes corrupted.

• Don HO
      Don HO
      2005-04-18

use the Styler Configurator to change the default font.

Don

• Adam Pavelec
      Adam Pavelec
      2005-04-27

Somewhat related, how can I force the "M$ Dos Style" to use the 'MS LineDraw' font?  The "Font Style" dropdown is grayed out in the Style Configurator for this particular style; and when I go to Global Styles > Style Default, 'MS LineDraw' is not a selectable font even though it is properly installed within my OS (eg. I can use this particular font with Programmers' File Editor, etc...).

• Adam Pavelec
        Adam Pavelec
        2005-04-27

Okay, I just realized that NP++ displays .nfo files using 'MS LineDraw', however, it's also displaying extra character codes such as EOT and it messes up the formatting of the ASCII Art.  How can I turn off the display of these extended codes?

• Don HO
          Don HO
          2005-05-02

Unfortunately, you can't.

Don

• Is there a way to quickly make all fonts and sizes the same for every category?

I think a user interface that allows you to globally adjust font properties using checkboxes for the properties you'd like to change would be awesome. I use Notepad++ but it is extremely hard to get others into it when they see Comic Sans as the default comment font. That and things like font size differences that make code editing really hard.

Just a suggestion on ways to fix that problem.