Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Plugin upd.: not possible validate integrity

2. Help
fb16
2012-10-22
6 days ago
  • fb16
    fb16
    2012-10-22

Hello all,
    Today I've tried to update some plugins in NPP++ (6.1.8). I went in: "Plugins > Plugin Manager > Show Plugin Manager > Updates > HTMLTag (checked) > Update (button)". What does this warning mean?

It has not been possible to validate the integrity of 'HTMLTag-entities.ini' needed to install or update the plugin. Do you want to copy this file anyway (not recommended)?

I clicked "No" and installation ended without updating the plugin. The same happens also when updating another plugin: "SourceSwitch".
    fb16

• fb16
    fb16
    2012-10-22

Just for more clarity, here is a screenshot showing the warning message above:

• It's been defined wrong in the admin system.  I'll fix it tonight.  You can safely ignore the warning (so click "si" / "yes") - the .ini files are being validated although they don't need to be.

Thanks for the report.
    Dave.

• fb16
    fb16
    2012-10-22

@davegb3,
    Also applies to the "SourceSwitch" plugin?
    BTW: great new features in the HTMLTag plugin. Thank you!
    fb16

• Sorry, upgrading my internet connection at home hasn't gone well… I should have known, deutsche telekom,  it was never going to go well! Anyway, I've got very limited connectivity at the moment. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next few days.

As far as I know, same goes for source switch. If it gives the warning for non executable files, (e.g. Ini files, txt files etc) then you're fine to ignore it. If it's a dll or exe, then don't install it, and report back here if you can so we can investigate further.

Cheers,
    Dave

• son0fhobs
      son0fhobs
      2013-02-10

I'm getting the same error with source cookifier, "It's not been possible to validate the integrity of 'Source Cookifier.dll'..."
      I've checked several times in the past week. Any suggestions? I'm holding out for now, but looking forward to using it.

• fb16
    fb16
    2012-10-22

@davegb3,
    No worries, you have my sympathies for troubles upgrading internet connection.
    Actually, I'm not able anymore to check if it gives the warning for non executable files, currently, since Notepad++ Plugin Manager doesn't show me "SourceSwitch" for updating (see image below). fb16

• Jason Harris
    Jason Harris
    2012-10-23

I've tried the installing the following plugins through the plugin manager, all with the same error ("It has not been possible to validate the integrity of '<pluginname>.dll' …").   

AnalysePlugin
    CCompletion
    Code Alignment
    Compare
    CustomiseToolbar
    DocIt
    Document Monitor
    EditorConfig

In the plugin manager, i went over to the installed tab, checked "plugin manager", then clicked the reinstall button.   "It has not been possible to validate the integrity of 'PluginManager.dll' …"

This is my first time with Notepad++.  Is this normal expected application behavior ? 

Thanks!

• Jason Harris
    Jason Harris
    2012-10-24

Thank you davegb3,  that was indeed the issue.

• fb16
    fb16
    2012-10-25

@davegb3,

If it's a dll or exe, then don't install it, and report back here if you can so we can investigate further.

Sorry, before I didn't observed that the "SourceSwitch" plugin wasn't anymore in the list of my installed plugins, hence no updates could have been available through the Plugin manager console!

I've just tried to re-install it, using the Plugin manager, but the warning came back again. It reads the file is  "SourceSwitch.dll".

I clicked "No", and installation ended without installing the plugin.

Best regards
    fb16

• Gary
    Gary
    2013-04-30

Along the same lines, for a number of days (perhaps even a couple weeks) I've been getting the error 'It has not been possible to validate the integrity of mimetools.dll needed to install or update a plugin.' when trying to update the Mime Tools plug-in from v1.7 to v1.8.

-Gary

Last edit: Gary 2013-04-30
    • Yak
      Yak
      2013-06-16

@Gary,

I've been having the same problem with updating Mime Tools for a few days or weeks. I keep on refusing the upgrade, hoping that the next time it asks to upgrade everything will be okay.

• I can confirm this wasn't setup right in the repository. I've corrected it
        now, and just released the changes that have been applied in the admin
        system. That means any plugin authors who haven't updated their own
        entries are not in the repository. I've not had time to go through the
        forum and make sure everything is updated, and as I'm going away shortly I
        won't have time to do it for a while.

• Buddy_H
    Buddy_H
    2013-07-03

Hi all,

Right now, the "Emmet" plugin's "EmmetNPP.dll" can't be validated.
    Same with "Notepad#" and "NotepadSharp.dll".

Cheers!

• Buddy_H
    Buddy_H
    2013-07-22

Hi again,

"Source Cookifier" with its dll is also not validated at the moment.

• Ben Voris
    Ben Voris
    6 days ago

This problem seems to have come again. See also #5145 Plugin Manager and Translate.

I have Notepad++ Plugin Manager 1.3.5.0 with Notepad++ Je suis Charlie edition "Build time: Jan 10 2015 - 17:20:21" (no version number).

For me, I get this error for NotepadSharp.dll, NotepadStarter.exe, and SessionMgr.dll