2. Help
Wolfgang
2011-01-10
2013-11-09
  • Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    2011-01-10

Hello All,

Suppose word wrap is on and I have a paragraph that wraps across multiple lines. I now want to select from the current cursor position everything up to the beginning of the line (not paragraph). I am used to hitting Shift-Home, but in Notepad++, this selects everything from the current cursor position to the beginning of the paragraph. Is there any way of changing this behavior? Thanks in advance for any tips!

Best,

Wolfgang

• Easy to do. Settings | Shortcut Mapper | Scintilla Commands
    Scroll down to item 51 or thereabouts, where there a number of commands defined to move to, and extend selection to, a variety of different "home" positions. Un-assign the current Shift+Home (Modify and change the dropdown to "None") and then assign Shift+Home to the command you want.

I don't have the default mappings any longer but per my notes, default Home is "to MS Wrap Home" and default Shift+Home is "extend to MS Home" (not the 'wrap' version).

• Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    2011-01-11

Thank you! By default, SCI_VCHOMEEXTEND was assigned to Shift-Home. I remapped this to SCI_VCHOMEWRAPEXTEND and now I get exactly the behavior I would like. Again, thank you very much!

• slack1280
    slack1280
    2013-11-09

Do it for Shift-End also:

Notepad++ v6.5
    Settings / Shortcut Mapper / Scintilla commands /

The default for 64 is:
    64 . . . SCI_LINEENDEXTEND . . . Shift-End
    Re-assign 64 to:
    64 . . . SCI_LINEENDEXTEND . . . None / Blank

The default for 69 is:
    69 . . . SCI_LINEENDWRAPEXTEND . . . None / Blank
    Re-assign 69 to:
    69 . . . SCI_LINEENDWRAPEXTEND . . . Shift-End

• THEVENOT Guy
    THEVENOT Guy
    2013-11-09

Hello Wolfgang,

I already answered, about that topic, to Aquinax Zero, on 13/06/2013

In addition to the two answers of Mike and Slack1280 , you can have a look to my previous post too, at the address below :

https://sourceforge.net/p/notepad-plus/discussion/331753/thread/d3e0ab6d/#ddf6

Best Regards,

Enjoy our loved editor :-)

guy038