Notepad++ 6

Don HO
2012-03-26
2013-08-14
1 2 3 .. 5 > >> (Page 1 of 5)
  • yuzh
    yuzh
    2012-03-26

Do not save a file in UTF8 no BOM encoding.
    when reopen the file ,it's still ASCII encoding.
    But in 5.9.8,it works

• Wooooo
    Wooooo
    2012-03-26

@yuzh75, that's exactly what i hit right after downloaded the v6, it has a bit problem with the Chinese encoding or sth.

and i have to say, the document map is a great new feature !

• bwhite.ee
    bwhite.ee
    2012-03-26

I'm having a problem with the syntax highlighting after this upgrade.

I use a user-defined language file for AutoHotkey (.ahk) scripts. (Btw, it would be nice to have Ahk support built-in.) After installing v6.0, almost all text gets colored to the default foreground color.

I found a very temporary fix in opening the Style Configurator, then checking and unchecking 'Enable global foreground colour'. Unfortunately, the problem returns after switching tabs.

The attached screenshot shows the difference, pre- and post-fix. I did notice some of the numbers are colored correctly in the unhighlighted version-not sure if that's significant.

It's entirely possible I've made some error in defining the language, or perhaps something has changed in the new version. For now, I have reinstalled v5.9.8, which has fixed the problem.

(It is too bad, though, I was quite enjoying the document map.)

-Ben

• Lee Wilmott
    Lee Wilmott
    2012-03-26

I have just installed Notepad++ v6 and I receive the following error…

NppExec Initialization Error
         This version of NppExec requires Notepad++ ver. 5.1 or higher

I can see from the forums that this error was identified previously - and 'apparently' fixed.

For what it's worth…I am using Windows 7 Enterprise x64 with SP1.

Lee

• Lee Wilmott
    Lee Wilmott
    2012-03-26

PS.  After receiving this error message - if I click the "OK" button, Notepad++ opens (with what appears to be - without any further issues).

If I close Notepad++ and open it again then I receive the error message again…click "OK" and Notepad++ opens…etc…etc…

• passgod
    passgod
    2012-03-26

chinese character is wrong with UTF-8 no BOM when open the document map window.

• w-peuker
    w-peuker
    2012-03-26

Regex is really GREAT now, but this MessageBox when starting is very annoying:
    "This version of NppExec requires Notepad++ ver. 5.1 or higher"
    - What does it mean?
    - Can I disable NppExec until this bug(?) is fixed?

• w-peuker
    w-peuker
    2012-03-26

Workaround for the NppExec-Error(s) *:
    I just deleted the file Notepad++\plugins \NppExec.dll and the box is gone

*) also the submenu  is broken: it shows nothing but menu separators.

• I'll be pushing the new version of NppExec out through plugin manager very shortly (hopefully later today).  The new version of NppExec solves this problem.

Dave.

• Anonymous
    2012-03-26

Love the new document map, but I'm having the same problem as bwhite-ee - when I enable the document map, user-defined syntax colouring disappears.

• Phaxmohdem
    Phaxmohdem
    2012-03-26

+1 for the user-defined syntax highlighting issue described above.  Kind of a deal-breaker for me, so I've gone back to 5.9.8 in the meantime.

Also, document map scrolling is pretty choppy on all the systems I've slapped 6.0 on so far.  That said, I absolutely LOVE that the document map is being developed.  I've been jonesing for that feature ever since I laid eyes on Sublime Text 2.

Thanks Don!

• nofun
    nofun
    2012-03-26

Yeah, Document Map is nice. Thank you, Don!
    But noticed it crashes Npp with uncaught "Division by zero" exception if Solarized themes applied. I guess, it happens because I have no Inconsolata font, which is the default for the themes (BTW included version is old, see relevant patch thread).

• Bug ID: 3511534 - Executing Replace/Replace All command on unmodified file leads to first match would be replaced with "openf" string instead of provided one. All other matches except first are substituted as expected. This bug doesn't appear on modified and not saved files.

• Grindax
    Grindax
    2012-03-26

I really would like to select a line of text by clicking on the line number, but without it also selecting the newline character at the end of the line. This will help me when copying and pasting commands into PuTTY so that it doesn't execute them immediately.

Don, please could you make this possible? It would help my workflow so much.

• New version of NppExec is now available in Plugin Manager (thanks to DV for the quick fix and making the entry!)

Cheers,
    Dave.

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2012-03-27

@yuzh75, wooooo, passgod:

Tested with my v6 Unicode under French windows 7 64x, I cannot reproduce the same issue:
    http://notepad-plus-plus.org/tmp/ansiAsUtf.png

Could you give me  your configuration and the instructions (file) to reproduce it?

Don

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2012-03-27

UDL with Doc Map issue has been fixed.
    Here is new binary:
    http://notepad-plus-plus.org/tmp/npp.zip
    Please confirm me if the bug is fixed.

Don

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2012-03-27

@nofun69:

Could you provide me the instruction to reproduce the crash?

Don

• Yoji
    Yoji
    2012-03-27

After upgrading, the Toggle Block Comment is disabled (Ctrl-Q). Before the upgrade it worked fine, ctrl-q commented the actual line, now it isn't working. I discovered, I need to select something on the line to enable the Toggle Block Comment. Not the whole line, just 1 char.
    It's quite annoying. What's the deal to select something just to comment the current line? It was very logical before: if nothing selected, I mean the current line…

• Wooooo
    Wooooo
    2012-03-27

@donho
    the test.txt, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4017464/test.txt

no configuration change, i just downloaded the v6.0 (.7z) and run it right in the 'unicode' folder.
    let me know if you need any more info on this.

• King Gul
    King Gul
    2012-03-27

I use Analyze Plugin with Notepad++. But, the problem is whenever I try to change the color from color panel of Analyze plugin, then Menu Bar, Icons Bar, Some Display from Editor Pane disappears.
    Please check and take some corrective actions in the next releases.
    Or, is it the problem of Plugin ?

• Anonymous
    2012-03-27

This.

• ghosthope
    ghosthope
    2012-03-27

6.0 open js file with 2600 lines very long, but 5.9 did it so faster than 6.0.
    Ctrl + Q does not work if the cursor is at the beginning of a line. but if the line is highlighted works perfect
    Sorry for my English

• Anonymous
    2012-03-27

And jozsi is is not alone in his "if nothing selected, I mean the current line" expectations.

1 2 3 .. 5 > >> (Page 1 of 5)