Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Preview in Browser

2005-02-07
2012-11-13
  • Does NotePad+ have a preview in browser feature. Since many people likely use it as an HTML editor, this feature would be great.

In fact, I suspect that it is useful enough a feature that it already exists in the program but I looked and can't find it. :(

• Don HO
      Don HO
      2005-02-13

I'll think about it.

Don

• fwiw, i would love to see this feature! right now, it is the only thing I see as "missing"...

• Preview in browser is the only thing stopping me from switching from editplus.

In editplus, you hit ctrl+b to see the current file in the browser, and then ctrl+b again to go back to your code. Very convenient.

• Don HO
          Don HO
          2005-06-28

This feature is done in v3.0 by using the user custom command feature.

Filefox : Ctrl+Alt+Shit+X
          IE :  Ctrl+Alt+Shit+I

Please see :
          http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/news.php?lang=uk

Don

• > Filefox : Ctrl+Alt+Shit+X
            > IE : Ctrl+Alt+Shit+I

No wonder it doesn't work. Where is that Shit button???

• following such direction Notepad++ in the nearerst future will became NVu :-))

regards
      PS

• I just downloaded Notepad++ 4.8.2 but I can't figure out how to preview my php pages in Internet Explorer. I tried Run - launch in IE and Ctrl-alt-shift-I, but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? I would greatly appreciate any help!

• Rich Baranski
    Rich Baranski
    2011-10-16

I see that on some of Lynda's Tutorials the instructor has Notepad++ on the top of the split screen and Firefox running on the bottom of the split screen. This is very convienent because you can change the code, save, then refresh the browser.

I would enclose a screen shot of this but I don't think this forum has an attachment option.

Anyway, how do I do that? Code on top and Firefox browser on the bottom?

Thanks in advance and if anyone wants the screen shot of what I am talking about you can email me at; pcmail@richb.com

Thanks again,

Rich

• cchris
    cchris
    2011-10-17

Use the It's All Text add-on for Firefox, and then set it to open text area contents in Notepad++.

CChris

• Rich Baranski
    Rich Baranski
    2011-10-17

cchris…………

I'll give it a try and see what happens.

• cchris
    cchris
    2011-10-17

Another venue is, when you install Notepad++, to set it as Default html viewer. Since I have never tried this, I cannot guarantee this serves your needs.

CChris

• Rich Baranski
    Rich Baranski
    2011-10-17

I'll give that a try also.

Thanks much….

• Anonymous
    2012-11-12

Feature request: preview in browser should somehow allow you to specify an http host. So if I'm editing C:\mysite\index.html I should be able to press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+I and have it open http://localhost:8111/path/index.html