Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Notepad++ stopped running html files in Firefox but is ok in IE. Help?

Donna
2013-08-08
2013-08-10
  • Donna
    Donna
    2013-08-08

Hi
    I am a newbie and am learning html, and have been using Notepad++. Until recently, all was well and every time I ran a file and used Firefox as my browser, the file opened correctly and a webpage I created appeared. However this has stopped working. When I run my newly created html files and choose Firefox, the browser does not launch. If I choose IE, the browser launches. I would like to continue to use Firefox as my default launching browser. I would be very grateful if someone is able to help me as to why it has suddenly stopped working over the last two days. I cannot think of anything I have changed that might have caused this. All help appreciated, thanks, cheers, Donna

• cchris
    cchris
    2013-08-10

I assume you are using the Run... -> Launch in Firefox usr command; you did not mention this.

If browser doesn't launch at all (rather than jus showing its home page), chances are that something in its installation changed. Please open the shortcuts.xml file and locate your command (search for firefox). Now check that the command you see, without filenames, runs on a command prompt. If it doesn't, then you know what to fix.

If it does, then please report back with the command text ou have, and then we may figure it out.

CChris