Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Copy / Paste Mouse Click Error in NotePad++ v6.5.2 Unicode without BOM

Ap Muthu
2013-12-28
2014-02-15
  • Ap Muthu
    Ap Muthu
    2013-12-28

NotePad++ v6.5.2 installed using unzip of binary zip file
    WinXP SP3
    Encoding -> Unicode without BOM
    Link Parsing Disabled
    Use mouse to highlight a long line of text having links as well
    CTRL-C works to copy the highlighted text
    Richt-Click mouse on highlighted text copies only last text fragment in it and not the whole of the highlighted text.

When Encoding -> ANSI is used, this problem does not occur.

• alva
      alva
      2014-01-22

I'm on windows 7 64 bit using Notepad++ 6.5.2 and I am seeing the same issue.
      What I see is if the selected section is 100% spelled correctly it works fine with the mouse. If the spell checker does not like the work the mouse selection falls on this it only takes a few characters. I've tested this by selecting the same string of works in reverse order ( right to left not left to right ) and it works because the last word selected was OK. If it is a non word, I can add it to the dictionary and then it works OK. Hope that helps you find out why the spell checking is interfering with the cut and paste.

• cchris
    cchris
    2013-12-31

I could not reproduce the issue. However, I have a significantly different configuration: Win8.1/64 and a clipboard manager (CLCL).
    I checked that the expected text was in the manager, and pasted also to vanilla Notepad succesfully.
    Are there other such cases around?

CChris

• alva
    alva
    2014-02-11

Sorry meant to post my findings. It was one of the spell checkers that cause the problem. I had two spell check plugins. Dspellcheck works without issues. The other one has issues. If when I installed Dspellcheck. So for me this is now working OK.

• bukalemun
    bukalemun
    2014-02-15

I came to report the exact same issue as it annoys me too