Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

keystroke recording macros miss certain actions

eNG1Ne
2013-04-05
2013-04-13
  • eNG1Ne
    eNG1Ne
    2013-04-05

OK, so it might be (with luck!) a version problem; corporate IT haven't got any farther than 5.8 yet …
    Anyway, with that proviso, here's the problem: I start recording, use ctrl+F to search for a string, hit End to go to the end of the line, and hit ctrl-V to paste in the contents of the clipboard. Then I stop recording.

When I replay the macro, it repeats the paste but not the search :-{
    If 5.8 should allow me to record the search, is there something I need to change in the way I'm recording the macro?

Last edit: eNG1Ne 2013-04-05
  • eNG1Ne
    eNG1Ne
    2013-04-05

RTFM ... OK, so the online helps still hide behind "capable of recording some of your actions" and don't explain which! but a bit of digging around reminded me about F3 to Repeat search. If I run the search once before recording the macro, I can then use F3 instead of opening a dialog box: 546,000 lines swiftly dealt with <g>

• cchris
    cchris
    2013-04-13

Basically, any typing is being recorded, as well as any action that changes cursor position, add/removes text and the like. Also, search/replace commands can be recorded.

Unfortunately, it is Sintilla which records the keystroke, so that it does so a bit too literally at times.

CChris