2008-09-21
2012-11-13
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Don HO
    Don HO
    2008-09-21

Here is 5.1 beta of Notepad++ :
    http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/commun/misc/npp.v5.1.beta.zip

In this release a crash bug due to the weird file creation/modification time is fixed.
    Some features and bugs are also added and fixed in this release.
    But the most important added feature is make Notepad++ version 5.1 a true Unicode-compliant application :
    Not only you can open a Unicode path file in Notepad++, but also you can use whichever localization file (nativeLang.xml) under whichever language environment (for w2k/xp/vista). 

2 packages are included in 5.1 beta : Unicode release and ANSI release.
    ANSI version is released for those who work still under pre-historic win95/98/ME :)
    Sure you can always use the ANSI version under w2k/xp/vista if you don't need Unicode path support, however unicode release will be the main stream on the future versions (ie. The installer will contain only Unicode version).

All the plugins which are compatible with v5.0.3 will be compatible with ANSI release, but not with Unicode release.
    For the plugin authors, please refer to the note in Plugin forum to make plugin compatible with both Unicode/ANSI version.

Even v5.1 beta is quite stable, it may still have some regressions. Please report the bugs you find here by precising your notepad++ release mode (ANSI or UNICODE), which is indicated in About dialog.

Here are Notepad++ v5.1 fixed bugs and added features (from v5.0.3) :

1.  Make Notepad++ Unicode-compliant application(Unicode path supported).
    2.  Fix crash issue due to the incoherent modification/creation date.
    3.  Fix tag match highlighting mismatched bug.
    4.  Make tag match highlighting on non html zone optional.
    5.  Refine the Save/Open file directory settings (follow tab/last operation/user defined dir).
    6.  Add "Doc go to new instance" and "Doc open in new instance" features.
    7.  Add new pluin notification NPPN_DOCACTIVATED and NPPN_LANGCHANGED.
    8.  Fix context menu incorrect setting crash bug.
    9.  Fix a problem with Incremental search+UTF8 in win9x.
    10. Fix bug with CPP lexer keyword list.

Included plugins (ANSI):

1.  TexFX v0.24a
    2.  NppExec v0.2 RC3.2
    3.  Spell Checker v1.3.1
    4.  MIME Tools v1.4
    5.  FTP_synchronize v0.9.6
    6.  NppExport v0.2.7.3
    7.  Compare plugin v1.5.1
    8.  Light Explorer v1.5
    9.  Doc Monitor v2.1
    10. NppAutoIndent 1.2

Included plugins (Unicode):
    1.  MIME Tools v1.4
    2.  NppExport v0.2.7.3
    3.  Doc Monitor v2.1
    4.  NppAutoIndent 1.2

Don

• Jens Lorenz
      Jens Lorenz
      2008-09-30

Hello Don,

I have a change request for the OR:

is it possible to implement a new message for plugins that can reorder the document tabs? I would like to support it in my next Window Manager with unicode support.

Best Regards
      Jens

• 7GOLEM7
      7GOLEM7
      2008-09-21

Greetings, there were old problems. SEARCH and REPLAC in all files " on Cyrillics does not work ". I sent you the added translation into Russian. At present there is newer version, with new lines, for example "Rename... "

• Don HO
        Don HO
        2008-09-21

> Please report the bugs you find here by precising your notepad++ release mode
        > (ANSI or UNICODE), which is indicated in About dialog. 

Don

• 7GOLEM7
      7GOLEM7
      2008-09-21

At me the Windows XP  sp2/ The problem has appeared, like after 5.0.1

• Don HO
      Don HO
      2008-09-21

> All the plugins which are compatible with v5.0.3 will be compatible with ANSI release,
      > but not with Unicode release.  For the plugin authors, please refer to the note in Plugin forum
      > to make plugin compatible with both Unicode/ANSI version.

http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=5301342

Don

• Rafał
      Rafał
      2008-09-21

This bug is not specific to this release (not sure when it was introduced).

Open this file http://bugs.mikrokoszalin.pl/test.txt in N++ with word wrapping enabled.
      Now double click "xxx" and scroll down. You will see that highlighting is disabled too soon. I guess that it does not account for word-wrapping.

• Don HO
        Don HO
        2008-09-21

Again, please report the bugs you find here by precising your notepad++ release mode
        (ANSI or UNICODE), which is indicated in About dialog, otherwise your bug report will be just ignored.

Don

• Rafał
          Rafał
          2008-09-21

I've mentioned that this is not specific to this beta. So not specific to ansi/unicode version, that's why I haven't specified version I'm using (which is Unicode now, btw).

I can reproduce in 5.0.3 too.

• Don HO
            Don HO
            2008-09-21

> I've mentioned that this is not specific to this beta. So not specific to ansi/unicode version

The same bug can be present in ANSI version, but not Unicode version, or vice versa.
            What I need is a precise information.

Don

• Rafał
              Rafał
              2008-09-21

Just to gather all that info together, I'll repeat:

Bug in Smart Highlighting feature.

To reproduce:
              1. Download file http://bugs.mikrokoszalin.pl/test.txt
              2. Open in N++
              3. Enable word-wrapping
              4. Doubleclick on xxx to highlight all occurrences of this word
              5. Scroll to the bottom

What should happen:
              All visible instances of "xxx" should be highlighted all the time

What happens:
              Upper half of document have non-highlighted instances of "xxx".
              Works fine with word-wrapping disabled.

Reproduced in:
              N++ 5.0.2
              N++ 5.1.0 beta (Unicode)

• Don HO
                Don HO
                2008-09-23

The bug is fixed by Harry (in the next release).

Don

• Rafał
      Rafał
      2008-09-21

Bug: Can't associate extensions.

In 5.1b UNICODE I can't associate new extensions in Preferences -> File Association dialog.
      After adding extention (.txt for example), it is added to the list but after N++ restart it is gone.

I've monitored what happens with Process Monitor and it looks like N++ tries to change registry value to Notepad[square] (square being probably badly encoded ++ sign) but fails to do that so old value is still there.

Works fine in ANSI version.

• Rafał
      Rafał
      2008-09-21

Bug: FtpSynchronize plugin does not upload file on save

1. Connect to ftp
      2. Double click file in ftp listing to open
      3. Edit
      4. Save

What happens: File is not uploaded back to server.

Reproduced both in ANSI and UNICODE versions.

• Y N
      Y N
      2008-09-22

Hi,

I've just submitted a patch with various additions and improvements, but also a few bugfixes which may worth including in the official version. (I had no idea there is a new beta)

Just thought I should mention this here in case no one is watching the patches section.

Cheers,

yniq

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2122846&group_id=95717&atid=612384

• Sing
        Sing
        2008-09-23

wow~ It sounds great! But, could you please provide the compiled version?

• Y N
          Y N
          2008-09-23

Sure, but I'm not sure about two things:

1. Am I allowed to do this?
          2. How do I do this? (I don't see how I can attach files here)

• Sing
            Sing
            2008-09-23

1. I think its ok, since Notepad++ is a open source project.
            2. you can upload to http://www.mediafire.com/ (you can upload to the site without registering an account)

• Y N
              Y N
              2008-09-23

• Y N
                Y N
                2008-09-23

I have a new (unofficial) version: 5.0.3_2

http://www.mediafire.com/?jnvvemyozke

Changes:
                (for those of you who downloaded my previous one, this version includes several fixes)

Version 5.0.3_2 (compared to official 5.0.3)

Searching
                Added - search history is preserved in the Find Results pane on subsequent searches. New search results are listed under a new tree in the Find Results pane. Old searches are collapsed beneath.
                Added - Save find, replace, folder and filter history for the find dialog (loaded/saved on application startup/exit)
                Text is added to the first location in the combo boxes - latest search appears first (on top) not last (on bottom).
                Folder and filters are not automatically updated when lunching the find dialog (last folder/filters are preserved), but - on the first time the current folder and current language filters are loaded, even for user defined language.
                Added - "Enter" in the Find Results pane: goes to the result or folds/unfolds level.
                Added - "Del" in the Find Results pane deletes the current result or level.
                Added - goto next/prev found result commands (not on menus, default shortcuts: F4 and Shift+F4).
                Added - focus on Find Results pane command (not on menus, default shortcut: F7).
                Added - "smart" highlighting of results in the Find Results pane (works with regular expressions, multi-words etc).
                Removed - keywords for the Find Results pane.
                Added - hit count per search and per file in Find Results pane
                Allow using shortcuts in the Find Results pane (like F8 to get back to the editor)
                Added - after search in files (or open files) the focus is set to the Find Results pane and the find dialog is hidden (in case something was found).
                Fixed - searching in binary files could cause problems.
                Fixed - search unicode strings in ANSI files and vice-versa (I think it is still buggy though).
                Changed appearance of the Find dialog.
                Added - shortcut keys for the Find dialog.
                Removed - automatic bookmarks when double-clicking found result.

Window list (under Window->Windows menu)
                Fixed - wrong files were closed when selecting "Close Windows".
                Deselect lines when closing windows and selecting only one line instead.

Files
                Allow editing read only files. Added - ask for removing write protection when saving.
                Changed file reload warnings - "File->Reload from Disk" warns only if the file was changed but not saved.
                Warn before reloading a file that was changed even if auto update is enabled.
                Fixed - "cancel" on save file changes on application shutdown didn't prevent the shutdown.

Editing
                Added - "Cut allow line". (if nothing is selected, the whole line is cut).
                Set "Copy allow line" and "Cut allow line" as the default copy/cut.
                Added - When copying a line using "Copy allow line", the line is selected (user feedback).

General
                Changed - instead of switch to main/sub view commands there is only switch to other view command (default shortcut: F8).
                Changed appearance of the Goto dialog.
                Choose current x position when loading sessions (move up or down doen't go to beginning of line after loading session).

• Sing
                  Sing
                  2008-09-24

Just tried it, its really cool!

But can the Find Results pane re-open without using the search function? (i.e. closed the Find Result Pane after a search and re-open it using a shortcut /menu)

• Y N
                    Y N
                    2008-09-24

Glad to hear you like it.
                    Can you do this with the official version?
                    If not, it shouldn't be too hard to implement. I'll add this to my "todo" list.

• Sing
                      Sing
                      2008-09-24

for the official version, seems not...

• nicyk
                nicyk
                2008-09-23

nice!

dear yniq, could you add this feature:
                "find all in the active tab" rather than "find all in all opened documents". because many times i want that the search operation searchs a word and meanwhile open the search result window only in the active documents.

the search history function is cool!

thanks.

• Y N
                  Y N
                  2008-09-23

I believe it shouldn't be too hard, and I agree it can be useful.
                  But we'll have to think about how this option should appear in the dialog. (another button????)

And another thing - my version is based on 5.0.3. I'm reluctant to make more changes before merging the code to the latest version and I have no idea if someone from the "official" programmers wants to merge my patch to the official source or not.

On the other hand I don't want to do it myself each time the official source code is updated. This can get tiring.

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)