Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Wrap affects the "show last position"

2008-01-01
2012-11-13
  • Somebody care to backup me for this MAJOR BUG to be resolved? Please? I love Notepad++ but this bug does my head in..

Take a look:
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&atid=612382&aid=1392943&group_id=95717

• Nobody??

• Be patient or... be a patient.

• Well, I guess nobody's interested with this. :(

Patient? Let's see.. I opened the bug tracker item 2005-12-29. Patient?

• Harry
          Harry
          2008-01-30

I submitted a patch, hopefully it'll get integrated.

Its more or less a little shortcoming of Scintilla that wrapping behaves so erratic. With some workaround the correct position can be found but Scintilla offers no real solution since one has to make 3 calls (atleast thats how I did it) before you get the correct result, which is 2 more than my liking ;). Wrapping seems to be a very difficult thing to do so thats probably why it gives so much trouble. The same goes for automatic indentation with wrapping, I dont think its very easy to implement, especially if the indent gets larger than the screen, then what? :).

Anyway, its set to WontFix because Scintilla made it so hard. The same goes for the scrollbar, which was related to Scintilla aswell.

• Great job.. and not so hard? At least definitely not WontFix as I suspected. Does your patch fix also the find tool positioning problem?

Is there a reason for not to implement this fix into N++? Performance issue? Shouldn't be.. I hope.