Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Notepad++ 6.1.7

Don HO
2012-09-10
2012-11-13
  • romantist
    romantist
    2012-09-11

Conguratulation!!!

• Anonymous
    2012-09-11

I think I found a bug.

When I save an empty file, I get an error:
    Save failed - Not enough space on disk to save file.

When I add some content, saving goes OK. When I remove the content, I get this error.

However, it looks like the file is saved empty (correct)

I didn't notice this behavior in previous versions.

• Anonymous
    2012-09-11

Hello,
    I notice a performance issue with Notepad++
    It occurs when a file contains at least a very long line (i.e. "linearized" XML with a line of about 9MB or Base64 encoded text of around 480 kB).

In this case: loading is long, "select all", as well as plugin operation like Base64 encode/decode, XML Tools indent, …

Regards,
    AF.

• Anonymous
    2012-09-11

hello,

There is a bug in np++ existing since version 6.1.3 now.
    If ScrollPastEOFUni plugin is installed
    and in np++ settings under preferences->misc
    the clickable link setting is enabled
    than np++ crashes if you try to scroll past the end of a file containing a link.

• Anonymous
    2012-09-11

Every time I update Notepad++ using the minimalist package my macros are deleted. This time I remembered to backup the XML code for my macros and then updated the shortcuts.xml by hand after updating Notepad++. However, after pasting the macros in the shortcuts.xml file the macros still don't appear in the Macro menu.

Is there a solution to this? I guess an option to export/import macros from a file could be a good alternative.

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2012-09-11

When I save an empty file, I get an error:
    Save failed - Not enough space on disk to save file.

This regression has been fixed, the fix will be included in the next version in few days.
    Thank you for reporting it.

Don

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2012-09-11

@ahriman1971:

If ScrollPastEOFUni plugin is installed
    and in np++ settings under preferences->misc
    the clickable link setting is enabled
    than np++ crashes if you try to scroll past the end of a file containing a link.

It's rather ScrollPastEOFUni issue.
    Notepad++ provides a set of API to ensure the backward compatibility.
    I guess ScrollPastEOFUni use subclassing Notepad++ method to get job done.

Don

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2012-09-11

@kenmasters1976:

import macro may be a good idea, but the copy-paste should do the job.
    From which version do you update to?

Don

• Anonymous
    2012-09-13

Hi Don, I updated from version 6.1.6 to 6.1.7 and after reading your reply I went and checked shortcuts.xml again and the macro I pasted didn't appear!.

After making some tests I found that the problem was that Notepad++ writes the shortcuts.xml file on exit so opening shortcuts.xml with Notepad++ to paste the macros doesn't work because when you close Notepad++ the file with your changes is overwritten by whatever is the current state in Notepad++. Does Notepad++ write shortcuts.xml every time you close the application even if no shortcut/macro was added/modified?.

I had to open shortcuts.xml with the regular Windows Notepad to make the changes so that I could get it to work.

• Nutznieser
    Nutznieser
    2012-09-13

Hello,
    I found a bug to doc-switcher. If I open notepad++ and no file is loaded, an empty file will be created automatical. Now, do I load a session across the File-menu, than the empty newfile still appears in the doc switcher and can't handle, e.g. delete or anything else.

HarryH

• Anonymous
    2012-09-13

I just ran across a newly introduced bug when saving files. Here's how to reproduce:
    * Open a non-empty file
    * Select all text and delete it or cut it
    * Save the file

The message box "Save failed - Not enough space on disk to save file" will appear even though space is not really an issue. Furthermore, pressing Ctrl-Z to go back to the previous version of the file makes it appear like the file is unchanged (the icon in the document tab is blue) but that's not true.

• 7GOLEM7
    7GOLEM7
    2012-09-14

id=6326 "Enable smart highlighting" can rename on Enable )))

• Cantoris
    Cantoris
    2012-09-15

Menu: View - Collapse Level - 1
    This is no longer folding my subroutines in my VBScript files since upgrading to v6.1.7.  I'm having to Fold All instead but this collapses If…End If constructs etc too.

Thanks for a brilliant app BTW!

• Byzod
    Byzod
    2012-09-16

@kenmasters1976 Successfully reproduced on win7 x64
    What's more, after close the 'save failed' alert box, switch to other window then switch back, it will says "This file is modified by other program, would you like to reload it" ROFL *other program*  npp is cute.
    Seriously you'll lost all the file content, it's a critical bug

• Jan Schreiber
    Jan Schreiber
    2012-09-16

kenmasters1976: If you upgrade by copying only the new Notepad++.exe and (if necessary) the SciLexer.dll binaries, all the settings will be preserved. I have been doing it like this for years now without problems.