New Icon for Notepad ++

2010-09-27
2013-03-10
<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >> (Page 2 of 5)
  • Last version: yes, yes, YES. :)

Maybe, and i mean maybe (as in, I really don't know, it's just a thought), lose the dots for the ringbinder holes in the 16x16 - only the 16x16 mind… 

But it's far and away the best suggestion I've seen.

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2010-09-30

How about this : just do some modification based on the final_2 :

* 256x256 : kept
    * 128x128 RGB/A : kept

* 64x64 RGB/A : only chameleon, w/o text
    * 48x48 RGB/A : only chameleon, w/o text
    * 48x48 256 : only chameleon, w/o text
    * 32x32 RGB/A : only chameleon, w/o text
    * 32x32 256 : only chameleon, w/o text

* 16x16 RGB/A : only green bottom
    * 16x16 256 : only green bottom

Don

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2010-09-30

The link does not work.
    Could you just post the image in this thread for the preview?

Don

• Sune Marcher
    Sune Marcher
    2010-10-01

Imho the "++" on the lower-res versions should be kept, and 64x64 and 48x48 should have "Notepad++" replaced by just "++". But taste is a personal matter, of course :)

• No problem in the link I tested it >> Motaz

snemarch I tried to add "Notepad++" but it don't look so good.

Preview:

Download Link:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5PQO09WF

• Sune Marcher
    Sune Marcher
    2010-10-01

motazz: for 64x64 and below I meant only the "++" part (like 32x32 and 16x16 has currently), not the full "notepad++". The gecko is OK on 64x64, but could perhaps be retouched a bit on 48x48 to make it slightly sharper?

• /Robin
    /Robin
    2010-10-04

@motazz, this icon looks fantastic. I am using it on Windows 7 at the moment, and it does a brilliant job of standing out in my taskbar, start menu and in the application title bar, whilst blending in with the visual style of the OS. For me at least, it's a great blend of the Notepad++ branding and original icon.

I agree with some of the suggestions to remove the 'Notepad++' text at sizes below 128x128, so that you can make the chameleon slightly bigger and sharper. However, in the 32x32 and 16x16 sizes, I really like the use of the '++' by itself - it makes the icon very clean, and yet still instantly recognisable as Notepad++

• What about this >> Motaz

Preview:

• 7GOLEM7
    7GOLEM7
    2010-10-05

It would not be bad if the icons used are different, for EXE and (txt) files. Even better for the different formats has its own icon.
    As  irfanview/ =P
    But I think Don have other priority.

• /Robin
    /Robin
    2010-10-05

@motazz, that latest revision looks great, IMO.
    @golem7777777, you have a good point. Maybe the green notepaper by itself, perhaps with the file extension overlaid on it, would look good for files.

• Paulo Campioni
    Paulo Campioni
    2010-10-06

I like the latest icon set but I would suggest keeping the "Notepad++" text at the 128x128 size. Great work Motazz!

• 7GOLEM7
    7GOLEM7
    2010-10-07

@ donho i about - Even better for the different formats has its own icon.

• donho  I did your request in my last icon. >> Motaz

• Hello, This is the last and the final icon >> Motaz

Thanks for every one given me any suggestion.

Preview:

Download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DA8FQADG

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2010-10-07

@motazz :
    These icons are nice, but they are not exactly what I expect.
    Could you try to put the 48x48's chameleon (with the same size) on both 32x32 icons?
    And remove "++" from both 16x16 icons?

Don

• donho what about this? >> Motaz

Preview:

• @motazz :  Maybe Don what thinking of using a chameleon of the same size as 48x48 for the 32x32.  I think he wanted to test something like this:

The page could also be a bit bigger…  It seems most icons has the page 30 pixels high (e.g. files from Word, Firefox, Acrobat, GIMP), while the page on your 32x32 icon is 28 pixels high.

• Simon Berger
    Simon Berger
    2010-10-08

I would say motazz knows more then most of you here so why don't you trust his decision? ;)
    I like the smaller chameleon more. It's still very readable and looks good. In your image the chameleon looks too big for the paper. In my opinion it looks too squished and pushy.

I would vote for all of theses sizes.
    Surely a file format depending image would be very welcome. This maybe could done in the top edge down to 32 and in the middle for 16.
    If this decision will be done I think there will be many supporters.

• Thank you clrs530 to support me … :)  >> Motaz

• I read Don's comments and I can't help but to think about this:
    Clients from Hell

Hang in there, Motazz! :-p

joce.

• HappyDog
    HappyDog
    2010-10-09

If you change the icon, please include a way to switch back.  If it changes it will make it a lot harder for me to find my text documents in busy folders.  Currently, pattern recognition is such that I immediately hone in on the files I need (or program icon in my task bar).  Changing this will break that.

You are planning this change to boost your 'brand recognition', but do not underestimate the value of the recognition that has already been built up.  Any icon change will harm usability for established users, so please respect that and keep the old icon set as an option!

• (fartinguncle), I do not plan to be famous as you said, but my goal is to make Notepad + + keep pace with other programs in appearance and because the old icon is not pretty … In the end I hope that you understand my intention. >> Motaz

<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >> (Page 2 of 5)