New Icon for Notepad ++

Motaz
2010-09-27
2013-03-10
1 2 3 .. 5 > >> (Page 1 of 5)
  • Motaz
    Motaz
    2010-09-27

I made this Icon for Notepad ++ >>  I hope you love it…
    Preview:

Download:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DZ6J2A5R
    Made By Motaz

• 7GOLEM7
    7GOLEM7
    2010-09-27

Old Beter/

• Stefan Pendl
    Stefan Pendl
    2010-09-27

If you could incorporate the cute Chameleon …

I think that Don has quite some examples for new icon sets.
    He even replaced it once, but many people complained :-(

--
    Stefan

• Motaz
    Motaz
    2010-09-27

Hello, I made new one >> Motaz
    Preview:

• Motaz
    Motaz
    2010-09-27

And this one >> Motaz
    Preview:

• I happen to like the last set.

• Sune Marcher
    Sune Marcher
    2010-09-28

I like the last one (with the grass) - unfortunately, the versions with the chameleon both look pretty smudged in the low-res versions :/

• UFO
    UFO
    2010-09-28

Just generally speaking, because many people posted fat-sized icons. It's not THAT hard making icons look cool as long as you got enough room for playing in it. But IMHO the main difficulty lies in the sizes 16x16 and (secondly) 32x32! Your big ones are looking great, but it simply doesn't work scaling the size down afterwards and there we go. Even if you got a screen resolution of 1600x1200 or more.. there will still be the 16x16 icon shown in the window title. Also most coders for example happen to use the 'Details' view in the explorer windows, which brings us 16x16 icons as well.

• Sune Marcher
    Sune Marcher
    2010-09-28

ufo-pu55y: yeah - vector graphics are great, since they allow scaling up and down… it just doesn't work when you scale down too much, the smaller versions have to be done with pixel handcrafting.

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2010-09-28

@ ufo-pu55y
    I could not agree more :)

Indeed the 16x16 icon is the most difficult to be set nicely, and it is used quite frequently - The current icon will be kept until we find a better 16x16 icon.

In the meantime, the 16x16 one in the first set look quite nice. I'll try it this evening.

Don

• Alex Breems
    Alex Breems
    2010-09-28

last set is sweety

• Motaz
    Motaz
    2010-09-28

Thanks for every one, I repaired the 32x32 and 16x16 icon and I add 128x128 icon >> Motaz

Preview:

• Stefan Pendl
    Stefan Pendl
    2010-09-28

I vote for it.

It keeps the pencil and paper others were complaining about and includes the Chameleon, which let it stick out of the icon jungle ;-)

--
    Stefan

• Motaz
    Motaz
    2010-09-29

New I changed the paper >> Motaz

Preview:

• Not bad! Could you have the pencil slented on the right (such as this / ) with the tip "writing" the last '+' ?

• 7GOLEM7
    7GOLEM7
    2010-09-29

motazz last nice but 32x32 and 16x16  dont need logo on icon. I cant see and all too, mey be!
    32 and 16 leave from ferst post, or make only green pаper. )))

• Stefan Pendl
    Stefan Pendl
    2010-09-29

I second Jocelyn about letting the pencil actually write the text.

As for seeing the Chameleon on 32x32 and 16x16, I don't see it exactly, but I imagine it.

The gradient background a the dark-green spot in the middle makes it unique and easy to recognize.

--
    Stefan

• I think that pencil should NOT write on the paper. First of all, that's not necessary. Second, the separated pencil (as it is now) will always look better on low-resolution icons, giving a more recognizable image than if you stick combine the whole image in one mess.
    I agree that the lizard can be removed from the low-res icons, let is just be the sheet of paper with green bottom and the vertical pencil next to it. It is better to draw a sharp vertical line (pencil) than the blurred tilted version, that's another reason I don't think "/"-pencil is a good idea.

• Motaz
    Motaz
    2010-09-29

Where is the problem in 16x16 and 32x32…??, In fact you can't see any thing clearly in 16x16 and 32x32…!!

• motazz Why no 64x64? I thought it was a rather standard size. I'm just curious.

• 7GOLEM7
    7GOLEM7
    2010-09-29

Separated pencil creates the illusion of the second icon.
    So, or pencil  write  or quite unnecessary. But i love this yellow line on the usual white icon. )))

motazz
    Where is the problem in 16x16 and 32x32…?

I see but need examine closely. As a result, meaning there is no or bue buy 52 inch monitor.
    Suggestion:
    Delete pencil and icons become larger in size (Improved visualization)
    32x32 - keep only the chameleon (inscription is not visible, i see only gray stain)
    16x16 - keep only green paper ( or if you delete pencil, may keep picture of chameleon)

• Stefan Pendl
    Stefan Pendl
    2010-09-30

Delete pencil and icons become larger in size (Improved visualization)

The icons are square and the piece of paper is rectangular in shape, so the paper will not get larger, if the pencil is removed.
    The only thing is, that the focus will be on the paper and not interrupted by the pencil.

People have been complaining about a Chameleon only icon, when Don first released it, so keeping the piece of paper for the small icons seems to be mandatory.

--
    Stefan

• Motaz
    Motaz
    2010-09-30

What about this! >> Motaz

Preview:

• Sune Marcher
    Sune Marcher
    2010-09-30

I definitely think you're onto something, motazz! The high-res icon are really nice, and the low-res icons are pretty decent in the latest version.

• Stefan Pendl
    Stefan Pendl
    2010-09-30

I could not think that it could get better, but you did it ;-)
    If there is anything left to complain, I don't think so.

--
    Stefan

1 2 3 .. 5 > >> (Page 1 of 5)