Installation skript for "NP++ Launcher"

2006-02-04
2012-11-13
  • Hi there,

I justed wanted to tell you, that I've written a batch-skript, in order to install the Notepad++ Launcher (http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/commun/misc/NppLauncher.bin.zip) automatically. Simply copy the notepad.exe file into your Notepad++ directory. Then also copy the following batch-script named install.bat into the same directory:

@echo off
    FOR /F "tokens=1 delims=? " %%a in ('cd') do set nppath=%%a
    copy notepad.exe %windir%
    copy notepad.exe %windir%\system32
    copy notepad.exe %windir%\system32\dllcache

reg add HKLM\Software\Notepad++ /v "" /d %nppath% /f

• Flominator
      Flominator
      2006-02-23

Hi and thanks for your reply,

Deleting the backup file seems to be a good idea. I believe you can even create a backup of the old notepad file by copying it to the NPP-directory before deleting it.

The registry value is created from the path where the batch-file is stored, which should be right where NPP and notepad.exe are.

Regards,

Flo

• Flominator
      Flominator
      2006-02-04

The skript was written by me.

Regards,

Flo

• Hi

It's a good aproach, but it still does't work around Windows system file protection that replaces again notepad with the original certified version.

I believe that adding the line below to the script will fix that problem.

del %windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386\notepad.exe

Either way, the registry value didn't had the right path for my notepad++ directory.

As i don't know batch script language, i simply replaced %nppath% with my notepad path, C:\Program Files\Notepad++