Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
Does NPP have Problem with long directory names containing spaces?
If NPP (Version 4.0.2) is called with
- one tab is already open,
- a file to be created (which does not exist), and
- the directory with the new file contains spaces,
then NPP produces warning messages "Create new file" for every space-splitted directory token.
$ cd "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\CRC"
$ "c:\Programme\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" bla1
"Create new file" works fine here, but now:
$ "c:\Programme\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" bla2
Now NPP shows the "Create new file dialog" for
- "c:\und doesn't exist. Create it?"
- "c:\Einstellungen\CRC\bla2 doesn't exist. Create it?"
Bug or what did I do wrong?
$ "c:\Programme\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" "c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Notepad++\CRC\bla2"
Thanks, but though this works, it is not the case I'm referring to.
I'm using Total Commander (Windows Explorer substitute) where a shortcut creates a new file. Unfortunately I'm running into the described error.
The problem is when your *current* path (the working directory) has spaces.
- working directory (current path) has spaces (i.e. c:\spaced path\)
- notepad++.exe <somefilename>
- notepad++.exe <someotherfilename>
- ERROR creating file
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?