Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

FunctionList Notepad++ V6.4.1

stepher
2013-07-03
2013-07-04
  • stepher
    stepher
    2013-07-03

I love Notepad++. Thanks to all who invested the time to make this a great piece of s/w!!!

I am using V6.4.1 and am trying to get FunctionList to work w/my assembly source programs for 8051...I'd been using earlier versions of NPP w/the FunctionList plugin and have never had any problems (The plugin also had a window where you only needed to enter the search/match expressions).

I am not well-versed with Scintilla so I'm not sure if I've got the right approach (The FunctionList window remains empty :(

Here's what I want in the FunctionList window:

LABELXXX:

where label LABELXXX: is the label for a jump, call, etc. Classical assembly language programming.

Here's what I coded in the functionList.xml file (I've also tried other variations, to no avail :(

<parser id="asm_funct" displayName="Assembly" commentExpr=";">
                <function
                    mainExpr="^[\s]*[A-Za-z0-9_]+:"
                    displayMode="$className->$functionName">
                    <functionName>
                        <nameExpr expr="[A-Za-z0-9_]+:"/>
                    </functionName>
                    <className>
                        <nameExpr expr="[A-Za-z0-9_]+:"/>
                    </className>
                </function>
            </parser>

I also included the following in the associationmap section:

<association langID = "32" id="asm_funct"/>

where "32" is the id for L_ASM in the associationmap above this command.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm expecting this is something more straightforward than I seem to be able to see at the moment.

Thanks in advance...Cheers...Steph

• stepher
      stepher
      2013-07-04

Moderator/Admin....

Please remove this posting/topic (Plesae don't remove the other, more recent one with the same topic). Somehow it got posted twice....unintended.

Thanks...Steph