Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Notepad++ 6.4.1 (with a crash fix) released

Don HO
2013-06-29
2013-07-08
1 2 3 > >> (Page 1 of 3)
  • THEVENOT Guy
    THEVENOT Guy
    2013-06-30

Hello Don,

About the new 6.4.1 version :

The new display of the Preferences dialog is quite nice and the status bar in Find/Replace dialog is a real improvement !

I didn't test a macro with Find/Replace operation yet, but it looks promising !

Function list, after period of configuration, should be very interesting, especially for user's languages !

I made some tests but I didn't exactly understand points 3) and 4) of the change.log file , yet :

3. Add delimiter select by ctrl+Double click feature.
    4. Add set begin position feature for selection.

I can't see the difference with the usual simple click at position 1 of current file and SHIFT + Click at an other position 2, to select all text between positions 1 and 2 ?

Can you explain what is it for ?

Many thanks, to you and all contributors, for this 6.4.1 version :)

Cheers,

guy038

P.S. :

I suppose you didn't have much spare time to have a look to new posts, with the coming of the new 6.4.1 version of N++ ! If it's possible, see my other post at the address below :

https://sourceforge.net/p/notepad-plus/discussion/331754/thread/e7fa2d2d/#7830

Last edit: THEVENOT Guy 2013-06-30
    • Don HO
      Don HO
      2013-06-30

Hi Guy,

Nice to learn the new features are appreciated.

1. Add delimiter select by ctrl+Double click feature.

Sorry for not being clear for this feature. The delimiters by default are '(' & ')' so if you ctrl + double clicking inside of "(int i = 0; i < toto.size(); i++)" on any position, "int i = 0; i < toto.size(); i++" will be selected. The implementation of this feature is not terminated though. In the next version user could define the delimiters in Preferences dialog - hence the change of preferences dialog UI to make more room for the future of implementation.

1. Add set begin position feature for selection

This feature let you set the cursor on a position you want for the beginning of selection, then you can click on random positions. The beginning selection position will be held until you use the same command to set the end selection.

Hope it's clearer now.

Don

Last edit: Don HO 2013-07-01
  • 7GOLEM7
    7GOLEM7
    2013-06-30

If I change the language of the program. I get bug!
    in menu "Edit" occur shift name of options.

Tried on the original English file by renaming it to any other (English changed into English under another name file). Error remains. The problem in the program.

tiny arrow

• Don HO
      Don HO
      2013-06-30

It seems the file english_customizable.xml is not updated.
      I'll update both english.xml and english_customizable.xml soon.

Don

• Jan Schreiber
        Jan Schreiber
        2013-06-30

Thank you, that would be helpful. Menu structure is broken when using a localization.

• Don HO
          Don HO
          2013-07-01

After checking the source code, there's no error in localization xml file, but in source code. I'll fix it this evening and do a new release soon.

Don

• Jan Schreiber
            Jan Schreiber
            2013-07-01

I was suspecting that, thanks for confirming. After retrieving the added ID from http://svn.tuxfamily.org/viewvc.cgi/notepadplus_repository/trunk/PowerEditor/src/menuCmdID.h
            and adding it to the localization, the menu structure was still broken.

• Jan Schreiber
            Jan Schreiber
            2013-07-01

Speaking of localization, the function NativeLangSpeaker::changePrefereceDlgLang(PreferenceDlg & preference) in localization.cpp probably needs some changes due to the new organization of the preferences dialog.

• Ices Eyes
    Ices Eyes
    2013-06-30

Hi Don and 7GOLEM7.
    The problem 7GOLEM identified up here indded exists. It is due to the new Begin/End select voice in the edit menu (btw what that should do? :D)
    The new entry shift the menu of 1 line bottom. In fact the next entry should be Copy to clipboard, ano not indent, that should be the next one again. So al the entries should be shifted of one position in the localization.cpp file, for as far as I have understad.
    Also, it seems that there is no way to translate the new sections of the new settings interface (with new sections I mean those splitted from previously one section.
    Finally: is there a way to translate the find dialog status bar messages? It should be nice to have them localized too... :)

• Don HO
      Don HO
      2013-07-01

True... the problem is in the source code.
      It will be fixed soon.

Don

• Frank Fesevur
    Frank Fesevur
    2013-06-30

Like the idea of the Function List. But it is clearly still in early stages of development. Some observations:

Real annoyance: After double-clicking or pressing Enter in the function list, the focus should go back to the editor itself.

C functions from my plugin that are declared as below are not recognized. I guess to many items before the real function name. Probably fixable in the functionList.xml but I am no regex expert.

extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) void beNotified(SCNotification notifyCode)
    map<string,int> ResolveColumnNames(sqlite3_stmt
    stmt)
    BOOL APIENTRY DllMain(HANDLE hModule, DWORD reasonForCall, LPVOID lpReserved)

Have you considered to use an external tool like ctags to recognize the functions?

You can press F2 to rename the function in the list. I guess this should have been disabled.

Any reason not to sort the functions by name?

• Don HO
      Don HO
      2013-07-01

The goal of the built-in function list is make it generic and customizable by users.
      That's why I didn't consider CTag as solution.
      There're still a lot of room to improuve function list. And I (and the community) will continue to improuve it.

Don

• 7GOLEM7
    7GOLEM7
    2013-06-30

Don HO
    Yeah, in the new version a lot of changes in the Preferences.
    Must realign the localization file.

• Mario Pilesi
    Mario Pilesi
    2013-06-30

I'm trying Function List in Javascript but the panel remains empty. How does it work?

• Davey
    Davey
    2013-06-30

Hi Mario
    I had the same problem.
    I had to make 2 changes to the functionList.xml file to make it work.
    The xml file should be in the %appdata% folder (unless otherwise specified)

1) Towards the beginning of the document you will find these lines:

<association langID = "2" id="cpp_class"
        <association langID = "3" id="c_cpp_function"/>

just add one more after it like this

<association langID = "19" id="js_function"/>

2) The parser seemed to have an incorrect quantifier
    look for the Javascript parser:

<parser id="js_function" displayName="Javascript">

then, in the "mainExpr" definition, after the second [\s], change the * to a ?
    It should look like this:

mainExpr="function[\s]+[\w]\*[\s]?\([^\)\(]\*\)[\n\s]*\{"

I hope this is helpful
    Davey

• Menno Vogels
      Menno Vogels
      2013-06-30

I think it should be:

mainExpr="function[\s]+[\w]+[\s]*\([^\)\(]*\)[\n\s]*\{"

• Davey
        Davey
        2013-06-30

Thanks Menno
        Your version is correct, and that is exactly how I formed it and how I wanted to show it here.
        (I was just playing around with text-formatting for the post, and I forgot to take out those forward slashes.)

• Mario Pilesi
    Mario Pilesi
    2013-06-30

Ty, now become to work. Have again problem with function in object and function defined as variable.

• cchris
    cchris
    2013-06-30

About using Begin/End select in a macro:
    I just tried to record a macro which would find "Add", begin select, find "Fix", End select. The text between the two words is correctly selected, and then I stop the recording.
    When replaying the macro in "Run multiple times", execute 1 time, no selection appears and the macro just goes to first occurrence of "Fix".
    Same thing running the macro from the Macro menu.

Is the limitation intentional, or does it need a fix?
    CChris

• Don HO
      Don HO
      2013-07-01

"Begin/End Select" command are not yet processed by Macro recoding system. I'll add it in it.

Don

Last edit: Don HO 2013-07-01
  • cchris
    cchris
    2013-06-30

Ctrl-double click doesn't work as expected.

In a .cpp file (delimiters for strings are supposed to be " either side, writing the statement

return "true colour"

and ctrl-dblclicking "true" is supposed to highlight the whole string. But only the double clicked word is highlighted.

Fresh v6.4.1, Win 8 (home)/64. Disabling all plugins makes no difference.

One question: does the feature deal with escaped quotes?

CChris

• Don HO
      Don HO
      2013-07-01

The default delimiter is '(' and ')'.
      In the future version user will be able to define their delimiter, but opened delimiter and closed delimiter should not be the same character (for the sake of detection of implication block).

Don

• cchris
        cchris
        2013-07-02

This works indeed, thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, the .chm docs I just uploded mention the erroneous interpretation. Will correct for 6.4.2.

Why the limitation on the delimiting characters? If they are, they cannot nest, so just search backwards and forwards for the nclosest surrounding delimiters. When not equl, use current algorithm.

However, I understand that if " is contemplated, then you'll need to cope with escaped quotes. But problem is already here actually. Assume I have some Java code

matched = Pattern.match("(\d+)", subject)

Clicking around the "d" is supposed to select both arguments, not just the first one, as it now happens. Of course clicking inside "subject" elicits the proper behaviour.

I think tht, when customisable parameters are introduced, allowing ann optional escape character could be useful. Hardcoding '\' and providing a toggle to enable it or not is probably just fine.

CChris

• There is code to handle the case where both delimiters are equal; not sure why Don wants them to be different.

I'll see about adding logic for escape characters. There might be a minor problem with languages where you can override the escape character, like in C# where @"c:\folder" is the same as "c:\\folder".

Last edit: Andreas Jonsson 2013-07-05
1 2 3 > >> (Page 1 of 3)