Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Notepad++ 6.1.8 is available

Don HO
2012-09-16
2012-11-13
  • zanzara
    zanzara
    2012-09-17

Hi.

Since Version 6.1.7 there is something wrong when the program is set to german. some of the file menu titels still show in english. but the options under the menus are all (or most) in german.
    here is a screenshot to demonstrate:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img155/5534/notepadplusplus.png

the languagel xml file looks ok. it doesnt seem to be the problem.

its working fine in 6.1.6. problem happens with 6.1.7 and 6.1.8

• Acheron
    Acheron
    2012-09-17

I notice the html api has been updated but it has a few typos:

<KeyWord name="datails" /> should be <KeyWord name="details" />

and

<KeyWord name="prpgress" /> should be <KeyWord name="progress" />

There may be more errors, but I found them comparing the diff.

• Nutznieser
    Nutznieser
    2012-09-18

The problem with doc switcher still exist => If I open notepad++ and no file is loaded, an empty file will be created automatical. Now, do I load a session across the File-menu, than the empty newfile still appears in the doc switcher and can't handle, e.g. delete or anything else.
    HarryH

• Jan Schreiber
    Jan Schreiber
    2012-09-18

@ zanzara
    Please try this version of german.xml for 6.1.7 and higher.

• Mark Garcia
    Mark Garcia
    2012-09-19

Is it just me or is the download on tux not working?

• comphilip
    comphilip
    2012-09-20

auto completion list window not shown automatically. It can shown manually by press CTRL+ENTER

In my setting:
    Enable auto-completion on each input
    Word completion
    Function parameters hint on input
    From 1th character

• zanzara
    zanzara
    2012-09-20

@janschreiber
    thanks. but i found out that the problem is not the file itself. the problem is that the old file nativelang.xml in the usersprofile in "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++" doesnt get updated if you install or update to 6.1.8. So it keeps the old file that doesnt seem to be fully compatible with the latest notepad++ version.
    After you delete the file from the users profile, it gets the new working nativelang.xml from the programdirectory.
    this is really bad if you have to manage a lot of installations. can there anything be done about this?

• I upgraded to 6.17 before and 6.18 now. in both the upgrades, the word completion feature is not working!

• akhnatenor
    akhnatenor
    2012-09-21

Tux isn't working for me either.  I cannot download the new version.  Here is what I get.
    Oops! Google Chrome could not find download.tuxfamily.org

• akhnatenor
    akhnatenor
    2012-09-21

Update: looks like the corporate firewall is blocking download.tuxfamily.org.  It would be nice to have a mirror.

• Jan Schreiber
    Jan Schreiber
    2012-09-22

@ zanzara
    I agree that this is an annoying problem. There is no easy fix that I know of. I would instruct users to set the language manually via options as a workaround.

• timo
    timo
    2012-09-23

Notepad++ 6.1.8 has the same problem that I discovered some versions ago.
    If I open two read-only files with the same file name (obviously from separate folders), notepad++ recognises the first one as read-only, and enables me to change it to writeable. Notepad++ does not recognize the other file as read-only, it allows me to edit it. Trouble starts when it is time to save the second file.
    This can be repeated 100%.

• timo
    timo
    2012-09-23

Notepad++ 6.1.8 with COMPARE Plugin has the following problem:
    If I use Compare plugin to compare two files, and show differences in navigation bar,
    navigation bar is not "cleared" after all differences are cleared; it keeps the last display when there was some difference in the files.

• timomoisio, could you give a step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce the bug? This is my understanding of the problem:

1) Create two read-only files with the same filename, in separate directories.
    2) Open the first file in N++. Clear its read-only flag from within N++.
    3) Open the second file in N++. It does not get recognized as read-only.

I can't reproduce step 3; the second file is marked as read-only by N++.

• SN666
    SN666
    2012-09-23

wordwrap problem still exists..

When word wrap is on and scroll down file with many multiline texts then switch to new document and after switching back to first document different line is displayed :( is there any option to fix this annoying issue?

• timo
    timo
    2012-09-23

1) Create two read-only files with the same filename, in separate directories.
    2) Open the first file in N++.
    3) Open the second file in N++.
    4) Clear read-only flag of the first file from within N++.
    5) Second file does not get recognized as read-only.

• timo
    timo
    2012-09-23

To elaborate, I have encountered the problem if files are loaded from a network share. This I can reproduce. Files on local disk can not be reproduced.

1) I use Total Commander to find file "configure.php" from \\SERVER\e$\http-server/store
    2) found file in 2 folders, store/includes and store/admin/includes
    3) In TC, select Feed to listbox
    4) Open both files in N++
    5) In N++, file in second pane is active, read-only can be cleared
    6) Activate file in first pane, read-only can not be cleared

• Still can't reproduce the bug, perhaps it has something to do with the network share settings? Maybe someone else will have better luck.

• Ayn
    Ayn
    2012-10-02

Find - replace is broken since version 6.1.6. Is there any plan to fix this?

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2012-10-02

@aynzoya :
    Find/Replace works fine to me.
    Could you provide more info than just saying not working?

Don

• Ayn
    Ayn
    2012-10-02

So - I researched and found out that if I open the file from mail-attachment and try to find/replace, it does not work. However, if I save in a local dir and open it through notepad++; it works. I also see that if  open the file from attachment directly - I can not modify any content - like delete or add. I think the file is readonly and thats why find/replace did not work. I saw an earlier thread for 6.1.6 with somebody else talking about find/replace and not working - and assumed it is a known problem. My bad.

• bluewind
    bluewind
    2012-10-09

Hope that functionlist plugin is no longer being disable. It's very useful when checking   the scripts.