Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Feature request : Print Preview

2007-07-24
2014-04-05
  • Hi all,

is there a Print Preview command scheduled for a future release ?

Thanks,
    Thierry

• cchris
      cchris
      2009-03-31

Plugin -> NppExport -> Export to HTML. Then view the generated page.

If you are interested in page breaks rather, then Ctrl-P to a PDF printer. If you don't have one insalled already, there are quite a few freely available on the net. The pdf file will tell you where pages break.

CChris

• jon
      jon
      2014-04-01

Here is one for vote for a Print Preview feature.
      Thanks, Jon

• I would also find this a very useful feature, as I currently use UltraEdit which has this feature.

• I have just download notepad++ and it seems to be a very carefully and fully made soft.
        But I haven't found print preview wich is very usefull.

Thanks.

Doom*

• A. Angelo
          A. Angelo
          2008-03-13

Hi all!

I agree: a good editor like Notepad++ should have a Print Preview functionality.
          In many cases I need to control the appearance with a different editor.

Thanks!
          --
          A.Angelo

• Danny
            Danny
            2009-03-30

Yes print preview need to be implemented. People here want us to leave Microsoft notepad because it has this feature.

• Trpplayer79
      Trpplayer79
      2007-08-22

Donho,

if you look at the following link you find different code options to add the print preview option to N++
      http://www.codeproject.com/printing/

• Print preview is a very useful feature, most of the common used editors have it.
      There are 5 feature requests for print preview, 4 have pririty of 5. I think, most of the users agree with me, that it's time to increase the priority !

Thank you Don for this nice editor
      I recommended it for my colleagues and they accepted N++ as their standard editor.

V.B.

• Don HO
        Don HO
        2007-08-25

> Print preview is a very useful feature, most of the common used editors have it.

Not for me. Therefore I won't do this feature.
        Anyway, if someone is interested in implementing this feature, he/she is very welcome, and it will be included in the future version.
        After all, Notepad++ is an open source project. I encourage you to do your contribution.

Don

• That's why I uninstalled it.

• Don HO
            Don HO
            2007-11-27

Good for you.
            At least, you are not uninstalling Notepad++ for the stupid error message or for notepad++ sex toy :)

Don

• Print Preview is a very useful tool, especially if you use N++ not only for writing code, but also as simple word processor, as I often do. I'll be very happy if N++ will have this feature in future.

Mike

• M. B. Huffman
      M. B. Huffman
      2007-11-17

Try using Windows WordPad, which has print preview, to print your documents. Add a line in shortcuts.xml for WordPad similar to the "launch in Firefox/IE" run commands. I did this because I frequently want to control page breaks by inserting a form feed (ASCII 12), however Notepad++ does not seem to recognize form feeds when printing documents.

Mike

• > I think, most of the users agree with me, that it's time to increase the priority !

This is a common mistake, we all make, once in a while. I hope this was your only, too.

> I recommended it for my colleagues and they accepted N++ as their standard editor.

> That's why I uninstalled it.

If you're the same person, did you also order your colleagues to remove N++? I wouldn't accept them working with it either, then.

• cchris
    cchris
    2014-04-05

For starters, you can all upvote http://sourceforge.net/apps/ideatorrent/notepad-plus/ideatorrent/idea/148/. Who knows, it ould stir some action.

In the meantime, I have a PDF printer installed and I use the PDF as an expendable preview.

Granted, it does not have indent guidelines and the like, because Scinrtilla does ot include them. You can post requests to <www.scintilla.org>. They like patches too.

CChris