Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Feature request: Close current tab icon

2005-11-02
2012-11-13
  • A small feature request: is it possible to implement a close current tab icon on the right hand side of the tab bar like firefox does?

Apologies if this has been previously suggested/dismissed; in anycase thanks for the great software!

Dan

• How about checking "Enable close button on each tab" under Settings, Preferences... on the Global tab?

• Doesn't the [X] icon with one page do just that?

• during the last few days i was autmomatically searching for the icon on the right side. because i was using ff and npp. i'd like to have the close tab icon on the right side.
        what do you think?

• Yes it does - I was just suggesting moving it to the right hand side of the window on the tab bar. I think it is more convenient when positioned there.

• SteveBerkHolz
      SteveBerkHolz
      2006-01-25

I agree.

Even after using NPP for years, right clicking on a tab to close it still seems odd to me.

An X in the corner, under NPP's X would be the common, Windows-centric, way to close a single file.

• it's a good feature

• You can middle click any tab to close it, just like in FF.

• "An X in the corner, under NPP's X would be the common, Windows-centric, way to close a single file."

AGREE!

• Thanks for an awesome application!

For what it's worth, I would love to see this feature too.  I'm in Firefox all day long and am used to clicking on the red x to close a tab.  Thanks.