Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

missing font

2007-03-30
2012-11-13
  • Hi, Notepad++ is excellent.

I noted a missing font that appears in other editors and apps but is missing in notepad++. Bitstream Vera San Mono is missing.

To be more exact in the font drop-down selection I have: Bitstream Vera San Mono Bold. I observe the only font of this type I can get is BOLD. I assume if it said in the drop-down menu: Bitstream Vera San Mono, then I'd have the expected choices for this font.

Could anyone please tell me what to do to fix?

Thanks, Lee G.

• Follow up my post above - the solution posted here http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=3912986 works for me, although in v4.7.5 the file to edit is called "stylers.xml" rather than "content.xml".

Although the non-bolded variants of the fonts don't reappear in the font selection dropdown, I'm able to modify styles using the style configurator and my desired non-bolded font still displays, including after restart.

Sorry for any duplication of presumably known issues.

• I am experiencing exactly the same problem. Has anybody any ideas on how to fix this?

• Hi, has anyone found a resolution for this?

Downloaded notepad++ today, installed on two computers running XP and have the same issue.

On one system I have Bitstream Vera Sans Mono displaying only bold option; on the other this font shows up correctly. However, on the other the same problem exists with Consolas, Tahoma and many others both monospaced and proportional.

I notice a couple of related bug reports that appear to have been closed - am I missing something?

Cheers