Thanks!

2005-04-06
2012-11-13
  • James Gregory
    James Gregory
    2005-04-06

Just a note of appreciation.

I've been using Notepad++ for a while now, and it's a really nice program - I've tried countless alternative text editors and Notepad++ is definitely my favourite, as everything else is either missing features that I want or is otherwise huge and slow and bloated. Furthermore, I just upgraded to 2.9 from 2.7, and I highly appreciate the fact that the recent files menu is now dynamic - it had been my number 1 problem with the program for ages.

I still wish that it would correctly remember your position in inactive tabs when word wrap is turned on, but I emailed you about this before and you said it would be too much work to fix, and it's not a big deal in any case.

James

• Don HO
      Don HO
      2005-04-10

thank you James.

Since the document position is memorized according to the "normal" mode (i.e. without wrap text), I have no solution for the moment.

Don

• James Gregory, What does it mean that the recent files menu is now dynamic? In a perfect world, I'd have my recent files ordered by their pathnames, and not their number in the history. Is that dynamic?

Either way, if anyone knows how I could alter the source to change the way the recent files are sorted, I'd appreciate that very much. I'm going to try my luck with the source, but I'm not much for VC++.

Thanks