Notepad++ 6.1.6 release

Don HO
2012-08-16
2012-11-13
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Jan Schreiber
    Jan Schreiber
    2012-08-20

Hi don, thanks for the new build. I think the new items in the View menu, "Hide Line Number Margin" etc., should reflect the corresponding settings in the Preferences dialog, Editing tab: "Display line number", "Display bookmark". For me it looks like those are just two different ways to access the same functionality.

• Anonymous
    2012-08-20

It's never been clear why we need to reselect to save to APPDATA or to the PF folder. Why not just save this to the registry and recall the selection when installing updates? It would save the headache of having users apparently "lose" all their customization settings.

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2012-08-22

@Andreas:
    Sorry for forgotten.
    Committed in revision 941 - your patch will be included in the next release.

Don

• MMTsuchi
    MMTsuchi
    2012-08-22

Hi Don, Notepad++ launched by command line" "notepad++ -n%l "%f"" (where %l is linenumber and %f a file parsed by Quartus II) does NOT detect the langage.
    Regards.

• comphilip
    comphilip
    2012-08-23

Code Completion is disabled in 6.1.6, windows 7 SP1.

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2012-08-23

@comphilip :

What is your environment?

Don

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2012-08-23

@janschreiber :
    There is no new items in the View menu, "Hide Line Number Margin". It could be a outdated translation which displays the non-existence menu item.

Don

• comphilip
    comphilip
    2012-08-24

@Don

My Environment is:
    Windows 7 Professional SP1 (7601 : Service Pack 1) 32bit
    Chinese Simplified OS language

Notepad++ Plugins:
    Compare
    Explorer
    JSLint
    JSMin
    Converter
    NppExec
    NppExport
    Regex Helper
    Task List
    Plugin Manager
    TagsView
    XML Tools

Default Character encoding : UTF-8 without BOM

• Jan Schreiber
    Jan Schreiber
    2012-08-24

@Don: I meant those menu items, maybe they aren't as new as I thought:

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-08-24

Hi Jan,

is this some nonstandard patch?
    I just downloaded v.6.1.6 to verify this problem (since I couldn't find such option in my custom build), and I see no such lines in my View menu.

http://i49.tinypic.com/29fbbdd.png

Are you using standard version of NPP?

BR
    Loreia

• Jan Schreiber
    Jan Schreiber
    2012-08-24

@ Loreia/Don: Sorry for the confusion. It appears that these three menu items I referred to above are introduced by the customize toolbar plugin. Disabling the plugin makes them disappear. I updated Notepad++ and the said plugin at the same time, hence I thought those menu items were part of Notepad++ itself.

• Alex Dr.
    Alex Dr.
    2012-08-25

I thank the author for work!
    Almost each day I use Notepad ++ as the basic text editor (for editing source codes, config files etc.)
    I have found out, that for languages Pascal and SQL comments of a line by default are not established and does not work Ctrl+Q shortcut accordingly for it. I have corrected a file langs.xml:
    _line 147

<Language name = "pascal" ext = "pas inc" commentStart = "{" commentEnd = "}">

to

<Language name = "pascal" ext = "pas inc" commentLine = "//" commentStart = "{" commentEnd = "}">

_line 190
    and

<Language name = "sql" ext = "sql" commentStart = "/*" commentEnd = "*/">

to

<Language name = "sql" ext = "sql" commentLine = "--" commentStart = "/*" commentEnd = "*/">

Now, it works. I think, that it is possible to make these adjustments by default…

• Anonymous
    2012-08-25

A few issues/suggestions that I'd like for you to look at:

1. There should be a keyboard shortcut to open/close the Project panel. It's really annoying to have to do it using the mouse or navigating the menu.
    2. Within the Project panel the keyboard key to bring up the context menu doesn't work meaning you have to do it all with the mouse which, again, is annoying.
    3. The toolbar button for playing a Macro seems to only work for the last recorded macro which renders it useless for macros already saved in old sessions. The button should at least replay the last macro used.

A different issue that I don't know if can be fixed is that when using SVN from the command line, assigning Notepad++ as the SVN_EDITOR produces an undesired behavior when trying to use the propedit command if Notepad++ is already running. For example, calling:

svn propedit svn:ingore .

should bring the editor to allow modifying the property and then when the editor is closed the changes are applied. However, if Notepad++ is already running, this doesn't work. I don't know if it can be fixed, though. I'm using regular Notepad for this but since I like to use Notepad++ for all my editing, I'd like it if there were a fix for this.

Thanks.

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-08-25

Hi,

about using Npp as SVN editor.
    It works OK as git editor for me. The only limitation is that I must close entire application not just a single tab, after I am done editing. Even if Npp was already running, everything works fine as long as I close application after editing.

BR
    Loreia

• Anonymous
    2012-08-25

With SVN, if NPP is already running, the svn command doesn't wait for the application to be closed, it immediately returns something like:

No changes to property 'svn:ignore' on '.'

If NPP is not running, it waits and works correctly, though.

Anyway, if closing the entire application (all tabs) is mandatory it may not be as good. I could keep using regular Notepad instead. Does NPP have a command line option to force opening a new window? if it can be used with the SVN_EDITOR it could be a good solution.

• Anonymous
    2012-08-25

Respondig to myself, looks like setting Notepad++ with the -multiInst command line option as the SVN_EDITOR solves the problem as it forces opening a new NPP window that you can close after making the corresponding changes without affecting tabs opened in other NPP windows.

• Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-08-26

Respondig to myself, looks like setting Notepad++ with the -multiInst command line option as the SVN_EDITOR solves the problem as it forces opening a new NPP window that you can close after making the corresponding changes without affecting tabs opened in other NPP windows.

Great, thanks for the tip.

BR
    Loreia

• Anonymous
    2012-08-28

Replace in selection seems to be broken in 6.1.6. Can someone confirm this?. I'm using the minimalist package on Windows 7 64 bit.

• Dennniz
    Dennniz
    2012-08-28

Hi, i've got a problem with the macro. When starting np++ the Macro menu is showing both Start Recording and Stop Recording menu items enabled. Also the icons are both enabled. When I click the Stop Recording button (or menu item), and check the menu, the macro recording is actually started!!! Then you have to stop recording again, to actually stop the recording of a macro.

• MMTsuchi
    MMTsuchi
    2012-08-28

@dennizd : I confirm, both icons and menu. Software initialization forgets to disable "Stop Recording macro", I think.

• disfarrar
    disfarrar
    2012-08-29

Hi, I cant figure out how to make this the default editor in my version of Windows 7. It's just simply not showing as an option for me when opening programs. If I open something directly within Notepad++ it will open but selecting the item and hoping to find this program in a list isnt working.

• Peter
    Peter
    2012-09-03

The new folding algorithm causes some problems for me. Using the php setting, it doesn't fully collapse all identical leves of code branching, sometimes I have to keep pressing ALT+2 until all of the script is correctly folded. I only remember this happening on versions a lot older than the current one (v3 - v4 maybe?). Is it possible to reverse the folding algorithm to the previous slower method or do I have to use an older version of Notepad++?

As always thanks for all the work you put into this great tool!

• Peter
    Peter
    2012-09-03

In addition to my previous post: 6.1.2 does not have the folding problem.

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)