Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Notepad++ is, almost, 10 years old !!!

2013-05-25
2013-05-27
  • THEVENOT Guy
    THEVENOT Guy
    2013-05-25

Hi, Don Ho, Developers, Translators and Users,

Did you ever notice that our loved editor, Notepad++ is 10 years old, on the 25th November 2013 !!! ( as indicated, by Don Ho, in the traditional Readme file, since the version 5.6.5 of N++ )

Of course, important(s) feature(s) may be added for that special occasion, but any idea to work out this major event very well, is welcome :)

From now on, we have six months to get ready !

• As for me, I was thinking about an animated picture, relative to this birthday, while opening N++. It will be nice ! Of course, this animation would stand for one version only !

• It would be possible, also, to insert special animation, when ones click on the main link http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

• Perhaps, it would be interesting to display a brief list of the main features of Notepad++, with date of installation, through these ten years !

• And, why not, photo(s) of all Notepad++'s team ! ( Don Ho, Notepad++'s and plugins's developers, translators,... ) ?

• Users could also decide to donate some money to thank Don and all the developers for this fantastic and essential program ! ( BTW, I just realize that I haven't donate anything for N++, yet. It'll be the right occasion to repair this omission ! )

No more idea, for the moment. But, these are only suggestions. I'm sure that someone would have found better ideas than me !

I'm really curious to read your different answers...

N++, for ever :)

Best Regards,

guy038

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2013-05-26

Hi Guy,

I'm very touched by the fact that someone in community has thought about the Notepad+ 10 years of anniversary. I admit that I was not even aware of it.
    It worth to celebrate 10 years of anniversary. We wan do it on the website (notepad-plus-plus.org) and on its social networks (Facebook, Twitter and Google+).

As for me, I was thinking about an animated picture, relative to this birthday, while opening N++.

This idea is good. However, it's complicate to implement the animation technically.

to insert special animation, when ones click on the main link http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

This one is quite easy, the home page content could be modified and an animated gif could be published on the home page.
    A news (on news pages section) would be launched for this event as well.
    The question is: who want to do this animated gif?

it would be interesting to display a brief list of the main features of Notepad++, with date of installation, through these ten years !

Yes, it can be done I suppose - since all the release notes are kept.

In addition, what I can offer during this period:
    1. Big discount for ALL NOTEPAD++ THONGS! (-1 euro/USD : That's the commision I take, so that's the best I can offer!).
    2. Free download Notepad++ (any version) for one week! ;)
    3. Special limited edition for downloading for one week! ;)

Don

Last edit: Don HO 2013-05-26
  • Byzod
    Byzod
    2013-05-27

I'm not going to download your free notepad++...because it was and will be free LoL

Thanks for such a convenient text editor (and more than it), N++ has become part of my life there years