block uncomment does not work

Mike
2014-03-15
2014-03-22
  • Mike
    Mike
    2014-03-15

Block comment works correctly for the tcl language, however block uncomment has no effect

• cchris
    cchris
    2014-03-16

Huh? Which version of N++ do yo use? I just tried it, and there is a # sign in front of each line hat is part of the selection. Try pver a fresh install, having config files of mixed versions doesn't help.

CChris

• dail8859
    dail8859
    2014-03-17

I'm using v6.4.1 and "Stream Comment" works however "Stream Uncomment" does not work for the tcl language.

It is also worth nothing that in N++ v6.5 one of the release notes was Rename "block comment" to "Single line comment" and "stream comment" to "block comment". So terminology may be different depending on what version people are using.

• cchris
    cchris
    2014-03-22

Terminology did change, and this is why I asked.

I can confirm that "Block uncomment" doesn't work in TCL. But should it?
    I'm asking because a block comment usually has two markers for block start and end, like / and / in C. But, even though I select a single word iin the text, "Block comment" adds only one marker, a start of line, as if it were single line comment.

I do not know the TCL language, but I'm starting to wonder whther supporting a block comment in it that may not exist might be the bug. Opinions?

CChris