Default save conditions: Search and FunctionList

stepher
2014-02-18
2014-02-22
  • stepher
    stepher
    2014-02-18

Neither of these are show stoppers for me. Just curious if seen as an issue to be resolved, or an issue by anyone.....

Search: I haven't actually counted (will do so going forward) but it looks like only 10 of the most recent searches performed (emphasis on "performed". Just entering a search value but not hitting "Search" doesn't seem to register that value as a search instance...which seems to make sense) are saved at exit (if more than 10, only 10 available at next session). Might be a nice feature to be able to set the limit (up to a max, of course).

FunctionList: This is kind of a nuisance and may have already been mentioned, but doesn't limit functionality (at least, for me). When selecting alphanumeric order (right between the search box and reload button at the top of the FunctionList panel), it only remains while in that session. When I exit and restart, this button is unselected (in program order mode).

Thanks and keep up the great work. Absolutely love the program. Can't imaging using any other editor!!!

Cheers and continued kudos from an ardent fan...Steph

• cchris
    cchris
    2014-02-22

The search list retention can be changed manually in config.xml. Look for

<FindHistory nbMaxFindHistoryPath="10" nbMaxFindHistoryFilter="10" nbMaxFindHistoryFind="10" nbMaxFindHistoryReplace="10" ...

and change whichever values better suit you.

Persisting the current ordering status in the function list shouldn't be a great deal.

CChris