Feature request: page-up/page-down with two keypresses

Alex
2013-02-14
2013-02-17
  • Alex
    Alex
    2013-02-14

I only seen this on an old Norton Editor and another one I was able to customize. It is a time saver, believe me.

With these big monitors nowadays, you can open the editor in a big (long) window and load your text/program in there.

You all know that you use pg-up/pg-down a lot. I mean, really, a lot.

And when you use pg-up/pg-down the screen just jumps, no matter where you are.

So if the cursor is at bottom of a page and you realize "oh, there's an error near the top" you hit page-up and bam ! you miss where the error is.
    Conversely, if you are at the top, pressing pg-down takes you to the next screen and you have to go up line-by-line until you find where it was... invariably, you have to go back more lines to put things in context.

What I am proposing/request is a setting (so all others can keep the way it is) that allows me to choose "Smart paging" (pick another name if you like).
    The meaning of this is:
    the text *will only move one page up/down if the cursor is already on the top of the page or bottom*

Let me know what you think (and mostly, if you are going to implement)

-Alex

• cchris
    cchris
    2013-02-17

Did you try Ctrl-PgUp/down?
    Oops, that's a shortcut of mine. Using the Shortcut mapper, bind something to the SCI_STUTTEREDPAGEUP and SCI_STUTTEREDPAGEDOWN. The names are puzzling, but the commands help.

CChris