Don HO
2013-12-31
2014-03-05
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Don HO

Don HO - 2013-12-31

New release 6.5.3 is available here:
    http://notepad-plus-plus.org/news/notepad-6.5.3-release.html

It's New Year's Eve, but I won't wish you "Happy New Year". This wish is repeated by everyone in every year and it really breaks my balls.
    Why do we need to celebrate this day if we enjoy our everyday? New Year's Eve is just a day away.
    I hope you enjoy everyday instead of only having fun on New Year's Eve.

Don

• Fool4UAnyway

Fool4UAnyway - 2013-12-31

New Year's Eve is just a day away.

(I first read "is a day aNYway" and I replied to that...)

"Nothing changes on New Year's Day."

I couldn't care more, that is to say, I couldn't agree more.

I got to dislike NYD just because of that: people kind of explode themselves because they have such a big urge to party and they want to drag everyone into it, even if you don't want to. YOU HAVE TO, because it is THEIR party!!!

And then it is the beginning of the New Year (well, actually, way before the Old Year has reached its end) and then there are the new news reports about deaths of people who just can't get along and apparently just can't stand that and then decide to kill the other person or just do him as much harm as they can, simply because they cannot live and let live.

Life is a blessing, reason isn't (if you do not apply it well).

Last edit: Fool4UAnyway 2013-12-31
    • sashad

sashad - 2014-01-05

Hello Don,
      Thank you for the new release

I was playing with ASpell checker plug-in and found that Russian language doesn't work well.
      I did simple "paste" text and it displays as unrecognizable symbols (check attachment)

It must be something wrong with encoding.
      I have tried the same latest version on Windows 7 and it works fine, but on Windows XP it doesn't display Russian characters correctly. It doesn't matter what encoding I select.

I have used older version with Windows XP before and it was working fine

please help and move this message to proper category

• 7GOLEM7

7GOLEM7 - 2013-12-31

Thanks for update!
    The problem with convert from UTF-8 (BOM) to ANSI left! (((
    If i convert UTF-8 to ANSI it save to UTF-8 BOM

If i use wrap function, sometimes problems with the selected blocks.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Happy new year Don & cchris! ))

Thank you for all!

• Yaron

Yaron - 2013-12-31

Thank you Don for all your work.

Would it be possible to release new versions based on the previous Scintilla editor?
    - RTL users are stuck with NP 6.45.

Happy New Year.

• cchris

cchris - 2013-12-31

I tested changing the tab (active or not, focused or not) colours in Styler configurator. The colours do change when picking them. However, when you close the Configurator dialog, those changes are lost.
    Using a fresh install of N++, Win8.1/64.
    Since I could build succesfully under VS2012 (after editing BuildBoost.bat which does not support this compiler, only a warning on LexUser.cxx:33 and some obscure .Net option for LexYAML.cxx), I may come up with a patch.

EDIT: the problem does not occur on the debug version that I just built, nor on the locally built release version. However, it keeps occurring in the installed version: not using %APPDATA, granted total control of the install folder to myself.
    Since the difference is still there with the debug build and the installer provided binary side by side, plugins or permisions do not interfere. The notepad++.exe in the .7z archive has the same issue. The provided notepad++.exe can read the saved style properly.

So the released binary has this issue, not the locally built one. Since they use different compilers (VS 2012 Express here), this might be the actual cause - at least on my Win8.1/64 system.
    Back to you Don...

CChris

Last edit: cchris 2014-01-01
  • cchris

cchris - 2014-01-01

For the sake of completeness, ere are the warnings:

..\lexers\LexUser.cxx(33) : warning C4067: unexpected tokens following preproces
    sor directive - expected a newline

LexYAML.obj : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL found; restarting link
     with /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to improve linker performance

The latter may not be important, just as the "unreferenced formal parameter" warnings on LexSearchResults.cxx.

CChris

• Loreia2

Loreia2 - 2014-01-01

Hi Don and Chris,

about this one:

..\lexers\LexUser.cxx(33) : warning C4067: unexpected tokens following preproces
    sor directive - expected a newline

I just checked that line, it looks like a stupid typo, I guess I was trying to hit CTRL+S, but failed to press CTRL. I wonder how I didn't notice it, as I always compile with W4 flag...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

include "SciLexer.h"s

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, just delete unneeded "s" at the end of line 33.

BR,
    Loreia

Last edit: Loreia2 2014-01-01
    • Don HO

Don HO - 2014-01-06

Thank Chris and Loreia.

The extra 's' has been removed from LexerUser.cxx in snv.

Don

• THEVENOT Guy

THEVENOT Guy - 2014-01-05

Hi Don,

First of all, I wish you an excellent year 2014 ( and very smooth coding ! ) although you're quite right about the first day of January : it's just an ordinary day, like the 364 other days of the year !!!

Thanks for this new 6.5.3 version !

• Points 2 and 3, of the change.log file, will be quite useful to everyone :-)

• Point 5 still doesn't work. If you do somes changes, on tab styles, in the Configurator dialog, all the changes are lost, when you exit, by clicking on the Save & Close button :(

To be quite exact, the changes seem really saved in the Configurator dialog ! BUT, they don't change, at all, the colours of the different tabs displayed !

To that purpose, see the last Cchris's post, at the address :

http://sourceforge.net/p/notepad-plus/discussion/331753/thread/2c2b6822/#12ff

Cheers,

guy038

Last edit: THEVENOT Guy 2014-01-05
    • Don HO

Don HO - 2014-01-06

Thank you Chris and Guy.

Regarding "Fix the bug that modified tab interface colour settings cannot be saved in stylers configurator.", I checked in the SVN and the fix is not there.
      There must be somethings wrong - I will fix it this evening and the fix will be in the next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Don

• oh-nice

oh-nice - 2014-01-05

Buttons in shortcut mapper always still cut from scrollbar. they hat to move under.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2014-01-06

Which OS do you use?
      I have no problem under my Windows 7 and window 8.

Don

• Don HO

Don HO - 2014-02-22

This issue is related to DPI configuration.
        It's fixed in v6.5.4:
        http://notepad-plus-plus.org/news/notepad-6.5.4-release.html

Don

• oh-nice

oh-nice - 2014-01-06

I use Windows7 x64 and the npp.6.5.3.bin.minimalist.7z

• 7GOLEM7

7GOLEM7 - 2014-01-13

Today I tried Notepad++ online demo.
    Just great! But lacking the possibility of joint (simultaneous) editing. ))) Like NppNetNote only lite.
    How in piratepad.net

Last edit: 7GOLEM7 2014-01-13
  • 7GOLEM7

7GOLEM7 - 2014-01-24

Explorer Plugin v1.8.2 and Lite Explorer 2.0 not work now. (((

• riow

riow - 2014-01-27

After upgrading to this version, dragging & dropping a file from Windows Explorer to N++ failed to open the file anymore. I'm in Win7x64. Please advice.

Last edit: riow 2014-01-27
    • Andreas Jonsson

Andreas Jonsson - 2014-01-30

Are you running it as administrator?

• riow

riow - 2014-02-03

Hi, both logins under administrator or not won't work for drag & drop a file. This works like a charm previously in many versions ago.

• cchris

cchris - 2014-02-08

Regarding the bug with auto-completion when keywords contain an additionalWordChar, I emailed a patch. Very simply, in AutoCompletion.cpp:62, change
    if (isalnum(c) || c == '' ) {
    to
    if (isalnum(c) || c == '
    ' || _funcCalltip.isAdditionalWordChar(c)) {

Colin tested and found the change solved his problem. Don, did you get that email?
    CChris

• Don HO

Don HO - 2014-02-22

Hi CChris,

What's the bug regarding auto-completion?

Don

• cchris

cchris - 2014-02-22

Autocompletion backtracks to find the starting point of the current function and display the list in a meaningful way. When a function name includes an additionalWordChar element, the backtracking stops too early with funn results.

For the purpose of this test I added a "try@test" and trytest" functions to cpp.xml, and added a @ in the additionalWordChar for C++. You can check from attached screenshots that autocompleting __try@test() gives some unexpected behaviour.

CChris

Last edit: cchris 2014-02-22
    • Don HO

Don HO - 2014-02-24

OK, I see.

AutoCompletion.cpp has been modified so I cannot find the line you indicated.
      Could you please send me a new patch? Or just send me your AutoCompletion.cpp.

Thx,
      Don

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)