Menu

v5.4 RC

Don HO
2009-04-28
2012-11-13
<< < 1 2 3 > >> (Page 2 of 3)
  • Thell Fowler

Thell Fowler - 2009-04-28

Just an FYI:  The text area context menu is missing entries for the mark, case, and comment entries.

• Thell Fowler

Thell Fowler - 2009-04-29

Fix patch email to Don for this one.

• Thell Fowler

I should say:

I emailed a patch to fix this issue to Don.  :P

• gary coast

gary coast - 2009-04-28

Thanks for all your work Don.  I love your program.

Compare plugin (1.5.1 not unicode) no longer works (and was reported to not be working for (or since) n++ 5.3.1 either - ansi I presume).

Someone reported that the compare plugin works with 5.4rc unicode but I found it does NOT work with 5.4rc ansi (see thread on Help forum).

I reported this:

I went ahead and installed N++ 5.4rc ansi and now compare 1.5.1 does not work correctly - it finds a lot of the diffs but the two compare windows do not line up side by side - and it fails to highlight sections missing altogether in one file - and the windows/tabs now get rearranged so the starting left window is on the right and vice-versa - to name some of what is peculiar

This sucks because the compare plugin is a necessary part of n++

• Bob Uncle

Bob Uncle - 2009-04-29

"This sucks because the compare plugin is a necessary part of n++"

I've never used it. I would not call it necessary, although it is for you. ;)

• Jan Schreiber

Jan Schreiber - 2009-04-29

Maybe not necessary, but immensely useful for me. I confirm that it does not work properly anymore. Tested with the Unicode version.

• Thell Fowler

Hey!  After all the discussion about this plugin I decided to take a look and see what was wrong...

Why doesn't the cvs checkout of the project even come close to matching the src.zip?  Or am I checking out the wrong module?  NppPlugins\Compare  right?

almostautomated

• Thell Fowler

I see you already committed this...  :D

• nicyk

nicyk - 2009-04-29

like every feature.

just one: my ContextMenu can not work.

<Item MenuEntryName="Edit" MenuItemName="Block toggle comment"/>

how to modify it?

BTW thank for the great work.

• drshelper

drshelper - 2009-04-29

I dropped 5.4 on my Windows 7 beta system and I'm getting strange behavior.
      I'm getting an error about a mouse hook problem and when I enter keystrokes I get weird characters entered, like ACK.

No problems like these with 5.3.1,

• gary coast

gary coast - 2009-04-29

also, I find the website here very confusing - there seems to be several ways to find all the downloads/plugins - and just as many ways NOT to find/get the plugins

not a complaint, just a fact

• Jan Schreiber

LOL, yes. Probably one of the most confusing places on the web. And the forum software is terrible by today's standards.

• Jan Schreiber

You are right, it's actually the View menu that's garbled.

• Sharl.Jimh.Tsin

Sharl.Jimh.Tsin - 2009-04-30

great, wait for v5.4 release

• xm

xm - 2009-04-30

Thanks. I found one more SubEntry:

<Item posX = "3" posY = "5" name = "Zoom"/>

But still the translated item id no. 44036 is not visible in the "View" menu. Also I have not found a way how to translate items in the "Run" menu (Launch in Firefox, Launch in IE ...)

• joergenr

joergenr - 2009-04-30

Hi xm1

"<Item posX = "3" posY = "5" name = "Zoom"/>"
      You are right. I haven't localized this string, because it's the same in English and in Danish.
      <Item id = "44036" name = "Synchronize Horizontal Scrolling"/>
      You can change the items in the run menu in the shortcut mapper

JR

• xm

xm - 2009-05-01

> You can change the items in the run menu in the shortcut mapper
        --------

Thanks again, I did not tried that before. Ok, so it is up to the user to set that.

• Don HO

Don HO - 2009-05-01

• Jan Schreiber

Jan Schreiber - 2009-05-01

Thanks a bunch, man! This time, the translation updates are really important. If someone has an idea how the localization process can be coordinated better, please tell us. It's absolutely not satisfactory the way it is now.

• xm

xm - 2009-05-01

At least Don could send us regular translators an e-mail notification when a new RC version is ready for translation (not speaking about the updated English.xml file, I understand, that he has a lot of other things to do).

Not every time I have time to check the Notepad++ forum for news. That way an up-to-date translation will be always included in the final version installator and the users will not complain about the "incomplete" translation...

• Thell Fowler

Thell Fowler - 2009-05-01

"Not every time I have time to check the Notepad++ forum for news."

From what I understand the SourceForge phpBB hosted application for this project is in the process of being setup ( although it looks like it is going very slowly ) and phpBB has what are called 'groups' and these group can be mass mailed to.

So if a forum category is created for Tranlations, with forums for each language, with who ever usually does the tranlations for that language being a moderator for that language, and is made a member of the Translators group it could be mailed to as soon as an RC is ready.

almostautomated

Hopefully Chris or Greg ( whichever is taking on that role ) will make it happen.  :)

• Jan Schreiber

> From what I understand the SourceForge phpBB hosted application for this project is in the process of being setup.

Excellent. The present forum software sucks like hell, IMHO. phpBB is just great.

• Jan Schreiber

I doubt that Don has the time to manage a translator mailing list. That's not trivial, because translators come and go, as in most projects.
        But at least in those cases where an outdated translation file can cause severe display problems, an updated english.xml should be made available as early as possible. An untranslated item here and there is not a problem, but a garbled menu _is_. Imagine this kind of problem affecting the file menu next time it occurs! Please don't get me wrong, I don't want to be offensive or something, but a GUI item that does not do what it says is a major catastrophe in my opinion, especially when the average user has no clue why this strange behavior would occur.
        (It is not as bad as that in the present case, maybe I'm fussing too much about it, but the same type of change in the file menu might end up destroying people's files, that's no fun at all.)

• Nelson

Nelson - 2009-05-01

Don,

I found 2 minor issues with Notepad++ 5.4 unicode version (and prior releases of unicode).

1). If I open a file with a '&' in the filename (for example: Test in S&I.txt), the display name on the tab is missing & and the I is underlined.  I know the & usually represent to underline a character for a menu when coding, but this shouldn't be shown that way for the filename in the tab caption.

2). I use a freeware printer called Bullzip PDF Printer.  This printer can be automated through code and can create a report file of the last print job which is a standard text file.  When I open it in N++, it's all a bunch of strange characters.  Yet if I open it in standard Windows Notepad it opens and looks fine.  I've tried seeing if I could change the file format encoding, but it hasn't helped.  Is there somewhere I can send you a copy of the file for testing?

Thank you,

FGump

<< < 1 2 3 > >> (Page 2 of 3)