Don HO
2012-11-11
2012-11-18
  • Wooooo
    Wooooo
    2012-11-12

auto-completion not working?
    I "Enable auto-completion" for "Word completion", but it doesn't seem to work.
    v6.2.1 unicode @windows xp sp3 32b

• comphilip
    comphilip
    2012-11-12

@wooooo, it is a bug for recent notepad++, It seems that word completion works on English locale of window system.

If you are not working under English (such Chinese GBK), word completion window will not appear.

I wrote a mail to Don  a few week ago about detail information of this bug. But unfortunately, it still there in 6.2.1

• Anonymous
    2012-11-12

Hi,

Since update 6.2.1, I have a problem when using the compare plugin. When I compare 2 files, the syntax highlighting is removed. In the syntax menu, the correct highlighting is still selected, but the text looks plain. When I switch syntax and set it back to PHP, the highlighting is OK.

Not sure if this is a notepad++ problem, or a plugin problem. But as the problem occured after notepad++ update I think it has something to do with that. I use the compare plugin almost daily, and this problem didn't occur before the notepad++ update.

I use notepad++ v6.2.1 unicode.
    Compare Plugin 1.5.6.1 (from Ty Landercasper and Jean-Sébastien Leroy)(latest version according to plugin manager)

• Jels
    Jels
    2012-11-15

Before using 6.2.1 the comments with 6.2 were able to open and close in user defined comments even if there was no white space after the comment operator

i.e.

If this was the comment operator to start a comment {
    I was able to do
    {hello
    there}
    to create a comment to open and close
    now however I can't do that I have do
    { hello
    there }

To get the comment to open and close / style

This was added in an update from 6.1 to 6.2

Last edit: Jels 2012-11-15
  • Loreia2
    Loreia2
    2012-11-15

Hi Jels,

this is working for me just fine.
    Can you share your userDefineLang.xml file?

BR
    Loreia

• Don HO
    Don HO
    2012-11-18

@wooooo & comphilip:

Word-completion is disabled in Chinese/Japanese/Korean environment under Windows7 due to its unsteable issue. The bug cannot yet be fixed since I can not reproduce this crash (I have no one of the 3 environment).

Don