How do I select all text that is between two markers?
1. Go to the first marker and hit Alt-Shift-B.
2. Go to the second marker and do the same.
Alt-Shift-B is the shortcut key for Edit -> Select -> Begin/End Select
isn't working on notepad++??
How to get the same effect as above?
In a macro, I would like to use this feature.
Find words A
Find the word B
Deletes all characters between the words.
Ctrl + F -> A -> begin select -> Ctrl + F -> B -> end select -> delete
Seems to be available via the same procedure as above.
Notepad + + does not provide these functions (begin / end select) can do similar things in different ways?
I have submitted a patch for this.
I feel really grateful about this patch!
But how to use it?
Well, I think it has a good chance of making it into the next release, so the easiest way is probably just to wait a while.
The other option is to build Notepad++ yourself (but if you're not a programmer this is bound to be a bit problematic):
1) Install Visual C++ (the express edition is free, http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-cpp-express )
2) Install TortoiseSVN, http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/
3) Clone the N++ source code repository using TortoiseSVN (the repo url is svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/notepadplus/repository )
4) Apply the patch to the source code tree using TortoiseSVN.
the second solution is too difficult to me :)
I''ll gladly wait for the next release.
This feature will be in the next release 6.4.
Thank you Andreas for the patch.